IGNORED

Stainless Screen Material

Condor

OK, I'm still rebuilding the BUB's and want to wrap the baffles with some stainless screen to slow down the packing from disappearing. I've looked all over and locally can't find the stuff anywhere. I've found it online but they want to sell me enough to cover the whole bike. Anyone know where I can find a small amount??

...your bike certainly would stand out & be very "unique" if you did cover the whole thing...:stickpoke:lol

What about some screen for a screen door from someplace like Home Depot?

Doug

After posting this I thought... Hmmmm McMasters...Doh!! They have all kinds. Already placed the order. Home Depot, ACE, Loew's, don't carry stainless. They do have a metal mesh, but it doesn't last in the intense heat and disappears along with the fiberglass packing. Which brings up another subject. I'm going to go with Ceramic Packing instead of glass. The stuff will withstand temps up to 2000 degs. Fiberglass is rated to 1200, and gets brittle and disintigrates under extreme heat. That's why mufflers get louder the older they get. I like a mellow rumble and want it to stay that way. With the screen and ceramic they should remain that way for a long time. When I took the BUB's apart there was absolutely no packing left. I bet they were louder the 'H'..... :sign woo hoo:

Edited by Condor

You might want to keep in mind a heavy equipment dealer/service center. Most if not all the air filters have a stainless steel screen on the outside. They just throw the old filters out when they change them. The screen would be easy to cut to you desired size and shape.

gunk:crackup:

You might want to keep in mind a heavy equipment dealer/service center. Most if not all the air filters have a stainless steel screen on the outside. They just throw the old filters out when they change them. The screen would be easy to cut to you desired size and shape.

gunk:crackup:

Good idea, but too late now. The deed has been done....