IGNORED

Had a great trip

Digger

On the spur of the moment I decided to ride out to California to surprise my brother for his 60th b-day. Left Salt Lake City on Thursday morning on my '08 RSV and 13 hours later arrived at friends house near LA after 784 miles, even with a 140 mile detour. It was 35 degrees when I left but warmed up with time and heading South. Spent 3 days in Santa Barbara then headed home on Monday, 793 miles and 13 hours later pulled into my driveway. I had forgotten how beautiful that ride is. All I can say is I LOVE THIS BIKE. Cruised at 70-80 mph most of the way and the bike just hummed nicely all the way. The electronic cruise control and my mp3 player made the trip so easy, I wasn't really tired at all. Just under 1800 miles total.

I had forgotten how beautiful that ride is.

Yes, I've been that route myself (back in the 90's and never on a bike) but, it is some beautiful scenery specially once you cross over into Cali. Nice trips like that come along so infrequently, it's good to cherish them when they do.

Digger,

while i have not done more than 500 miles in a days ride - i can fully agree that my 07 RSTD is an awesome bike. it runs down the road with two up @70-80 mph effortlessly. sounds as though you had a wonderful trip - i'm happy for you .....:thumbsup: