IGNORED

Decision Time...or not

oneno

Hey everyone, two months after I sold my Road Star Silverado and since I've already owned all other incarnations of the Venture, I'm back in the market again. I originally thought I'd search out a MM. Very hard finding one though as the few I've been able to search out either the owner really thinks he has something and has priced it accordingly or I have to travel too far to kick the tires. I did find a 99' only a couple hours away that has 43K on the odo and has quite a few desired after market add ons and with a fairly desirable Silver and Burgundy two tone paint, and at $5,200.00 a pretty decent price. The reason why I like the MM, is I really like the color and you don't see too may of em' around. Are the 2000 MM really that hard to locate for a decent price, or should I just forgo that Idea and settle for the aforementioned 99'? I know it's more of a personal taste for the color and that is entirely up to me, but what are your ideas on what's out there and prices? is the 99' on the money?

There are 6 MMs currently listed on cycletrader.com. Try this link:

http://www.cycletrader.com/Yamaha-Motorcycles/search-results?type=Motorcycle|356953&make=Yamaha|2321194&year=1999:2006&zip=46320&radius=any&keyword=venture&sort=year:desc&page=3

Unfortunately, none in the immediate vicinity to the QuadCities. Closest appears to be St. Cloud, MN. However, there are a couple in GA., where the venturerider membership is strong, so you should have no problem getting someone to kick the tires for you. One of the many benefits of this site is having others with years of experience in RSVdom, to aid you in the search for what you want.

When I was searching for MyPalomino several years ago, I vicariously kicked the tires on MM's in Texas, KY, NJ and Minnesota through the help of members of this forum. I settled on the NJ bike with 32K miles and 25K miles later, I have never regretted my choice. The help of fellow ventureriders made the process almost seamless, especially since they knew better than I what issues to look for in the bikes for sale.

Success in your search,

Jerry

Edited by jarrejx
clarity: 25K is miles not dollars