IGNORED

I Am On The Road

lonestarmedic

Hi everyone

I parted with my cash and bought Yanoosh's 86. He wasn't kidding, it is a nice ride. Needs a few things to bring it into A-1 status. Valve covers need resealed and one valve might need a shim. The tick is so slight I had to lean down on the tank and hear it. I need to Sea Foam it tomorrow and possibly synch the carbs. He was 110% truthful on every detail. I can say I am proud to have met him. Attached are some low reolution pictures. My connection is slow so I will wait until I get home and then pick a spot to publish them. So, off I go in the morning. I am in Manassas Va. right now. Rode it down from Springfield Va. right in the middle of rush hour! Ready to ride now. Gonna stop and pick up new boots tomorrow and a pair of riding gloves. My soles are worn out and when night falls, the gloves will feel good. Oh, might need advice on battery - seems to be a bit slow/weak on the start.

J. B.

Congrats...

Slow start are normal but can be "fixed". Strong battery, new battery cables and spark plug wires. Ummm couple other cheap things to do if ya want to...do a a search when you get home....search slow start.

Nice looking bike BTW....seat looks like a corbin.

Nice bike, :thumbsup2: you should talk to Swifty about the sluggish start. He will have some insight for you. If I'm not mistaken you both have the same bike.

Yes, the seat is a corbin. Has he driver's backrest. Put it in the trunk for now. Seat feels like it puts me a bit forward. Might be my imagination. I did browse the list a bit before I left home. Saw a couple posts on battery cables and batteries. Figure new plugs, wire, and caps. Oh, it has progressive springs and a K/N filter. Also came with the saddlebag liners, and toolkit, and original owner's manual. It even got a name tonight. Decided to call her Brown Sugar. Seems to fit. Well, I will check in later. Going to get supper.

J. B.

JB, congrats. Seams that when you are a good person most things seam to work out. Hope you have fun and safe ride home. Thanks for letting us all know what was going on. "We are FAMILY."

"May the fleas of ten thousand camels infest the arm pits of the guy that tried to screw you over"

:rotf:

Your new ride looks really nice, J.B.! Sounds like you only have some minor problems. And lots of help around here!!!

Let me know when you'll be here. Are you still thinking Tuesday night? I'll leave a light on!

We may have a couple others meet up with us for an impromptu M&E! Anyone else in the area that might want to join us PM me or call (# is in the VRAssistance area).

86er

It depends on the butt-o-meter. I haven't been on a long haul in about 4-5 years. All my San Antonio riding has been on a buddy's Victory. Love those bikes. I think a Hammer might be might purchase for Friday night outings. I figure Marietta is about 8 hours from here. If Brown Sugar behaves, I will leave here about 9am. Need to stop for Sea Foam someplace. I don't see why we can't have supper together by 6pm. I will give you a call around lunchtime.

Thanks for all the support guys. Can't wait for a southern rally. By then Brown Sugar should be polished and ready to rumble. Oh, she started well at suppertime.

J.B.

My battery is from WalMart. Has the hole for the electrolyte sensor. It was in stock when I stopped to look. Not a bad price as I remember. It's going on 2 years, no problem.

Oh, there was a problem. It was slow starting a few weeks ago, so I pulled it out to test it. Electrolyte was low, so I topped it off and it's been great. Have to pull it to get a good look at the levels, though.

...Oh, might need advice on battery - seems to be a bit slow/weak on the start.

J. B.

86er

It depends on the butt-o-meter. I haven't been on a long haul in about 4-5 years. All my San Antonio riding has been on a buddy's Victory. Love those bikes. I think a Hammer might be might purchase for Friday night outings. I figure Marietta is about 8 hours from here. If Brown Sugar behaves, I will leave here about 9am. Need to stop for Sea Foam someplace. I don't see why we can't have supper together by 6pm. I will give you a call around lunchtime.

Thanks for all the support guys. Can't wait for a southern rally. By then Brown Sugar should be polished and ready to rumble. Oh, she started well at suppertime.

J.B.

:thumbsup:

I'll look for your call!

Decided to call her Brown Sugar. Seems to fit. Well, I will check in later. Going to get supper.

J. B.

Another bike called, Brown Sugar??????? The other one I know of, belongs to Skid.

But enjoy your trip home, on your new scoot.

03-25-2007, 05:35 PM

Parts Bike??? Are You Nuts???

I was really touched last June when a bunch of old Gezzers came up with a bike to use for parts to repair my "BLUE BEAST" I can't say Thank You enough. It made my time on my back easier to deal with. After getting to look at my bike I do not think it can be repaired. No one wants to take the blame for calling the bike I rode for 200 miles today a parts bike. The more I go the smoother it gets. Won't take Skid's Brown Sugar yet but She had to hurry and get out of the way today when my throttle stuck. I guess Skid thought I wanted to race. I just want to know who called the

"BLUE BEAST ll" a parts bike? Again THANKS. This bike is starting to show a lot of promise and "Brown Sugar" had better start working out!!!