IGNORED

Got one!

Guest Tinman

I want to thank all of the posters here who gave so much good advise (not to mention their time) answering a lot of rookie questions. I found a 1999 RSV in immaculate condition. I picked it up on Friday evening, and rode it home the next day. I put just over 610 miles on it Saturday. The Avons are nearly new, it has had a 100 percent service and fluids change, the rear end and splines have been serviced, and it came with a bunch of extras like a 1300lb floor jack. My ride home showed only 1 fault - the original saddle. I had tried out a 2003 with a pillow-top, and my fat a** liked it a lot better. If any one knows of someone who has purchased a Corbin or Mustang, and has a pillow-top unit taking up space in the garage, let me know what you want for it. At the same time, I know of a perfect stock 1999 model RSV seat if anyone's looking!!!

Congrats!

Looks like the original owner changed out the engine fins to the black ones or painted them.

On the first photo (right side view) there is something silver protruding down below the saddle bag around the location where the rear caliper is. Do you know what that is? At first I thought it might be the wheel spoke but it is in front of the rotor so I don't think it's a spoke.

Congrats!

Looks like the original owner changed out the engine fins to the black ones or painted them.

On the first photo (right side view) there is something silver protruding down below the saddle bag around the location where the rear caliper is. Do you know what that is? At first I thought it might be the wheel spoke but it is in front of the rotor so I don't think it's a spoke.

That thing hanging down is a lowering kit,have one on my 99.I have the same color.enjoy your ride.:thumbsup2:

There IS a set of lowering links on it. When coupled with the Avons, it is a very quick handleing bike! The previous owner said I would get the best mileage and handleing if I kept the front at 40 lbs and the rear tire at 45 lbs. Seems high to me, but it sure handles well. It has only 45,000 miles on it. Randy - what is this seat mod you mentioned? The stock seat felt like I was sitting on an axe blade after 6 or 7 hours! I haven't got a nibble on my seach for a pillow-top unit, so I may have to search other options. My Sportster had a Mustang Wide Regal on it, and was the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden.

BTW - This is the fastest color? Shows you what I know - I was beginning to call her the Elephant!!

:big-grin-emoticon:

it looks like the barrons rear lowering kit/ calper relocation bracket. i have one on my '99

but will have to check mine to see if it looks that low also. can't remember.

reguards

don c.

Yeah! I have the Barons rear kit on my '98 TD and the caliper is relocated just like that.