IGNORED

Going to court.

waterbug

Well I got the info from court today and it's not good! They have to stay with her. We showed up for court with all kinds of proof of her BF beating her and the cops coming out and them smoking like fraught trains around them and just stacks of stuff! She shows up with not even a copy of the court stuff no lawyer and wins! The judge even asked her if she makes a court order for her not to smoke in the house or around the kids will they stop and she told them no. I have a huge list of stuff on her and nothing! I am so upset rite now it's not even funny!! Now I have 30 days to appeal this but I don't see the use in it and I have spent every dime I have and then some so I'm done! I was told by my divorce lawyer that the only way I would get the kids is if one or both get hurt bad enough to end up in the hospital or dead and I think it's true! The court system is so old fashion they really need to get ride of all of it and start all over again! Thanks everyone for your thoughts and words!

I'm sorry to hear the outcome. Have faith and I'm sure something will happen for the good. In a few years your soncan make up his own mind! Let's pray nothing bad happens till than. You will continue to be in my prayers. Yor part of our family brother!

I too am sorry to hear it. I can't say that I'm completely surprised. Men trying to win custody of their children are really fighting an uphill battle. The thing that helped me when I went through this was that her own mother and grand mother testified in my behalf and the ex showed up in court twice with her current (at that time) boyfriend who came across as a complete sleezebag. Not only that, but one time she was sporting a big black eye, the next time she was alone and said that she had left him because he was abusive, the next time he was with her again and she claimed that he was OK now.

All of that and we also had a female judge who saw right through her lies. She was very good at fooling some men but not so much with the very good female judge.

Don't give up. Hopefully there will be something that will change things to your favor but without hurting the children.

Sorry to hear you lost, but timing may have been a problem. When my son was 8 (now 29) I tried to get custody of my son but the judge didn't want to take him out of school in the middle of the school year and make him transfer to another. As soon as school got out in June I tried again. The second time there was no problem and was given full custody and I didn't use a lawyer. With my Daughter the day I filed separation papers (she was 3) I was given full legal and physical custody and no lawyer involved.

I swear it seems lawyers cause more problems then they are worth. In Michigan it only costs $25.00 to request a custody hearing. My son turned out to be an outstanding Man. My Daughter is a sweet, polite, caring girl that a lot of members here have met. Her 1/2 brothers and Mother have all been in and out of jail, are on probation, can't hold jobs, are still getting arrested for stealing and drugs, and one brother is dead from a heroin overdose. Her 1/2 sister is doing good because a Aunt went to court and got custody of her. But if you truly feel your Children would be better off with you, and would turn out to be better adults being raised by you DON'T give up. If you have to go in without a lawyer the worst that can happen is they say no. Good Luck in whatever you decide..Karl

I hope you don't totally give up. I know it has to be discouraging at the moment, but hang in there. Just look at this as a chance to regroup and hopefully win the next time. I don't see what difference it makes whether it's a father or mother as long as it's the best person to take care of the kids.

Good luck

Margaret

I was told by my divorce lawyer that the only way I would get the kids is if one or both get hurt bad enough to end up in the hospital or dead and I think it's true!

That's pretty much my understanding too. The courts believe that it is worse for the kids to move than almost anything that can be done to them.

I've been in your shoes.

At least you know you tried to do the right thing.

Hang in the waterbug and don't give up. Our court system is one sided. I been battling for more time for a over a year again. I appealed the family court and circuit court and got the State Supreme Court to hear my case next. Just waiting for my day in court again.....

:thumbsup2:

The judge basically is telling my ex it's ok to leave the kids at night with her BF whilenshe works from 10 pm til 6 am even knowing this is the same guy that beat the crap out of her. The cops were called out 3 times and they fight and argue weekly but the judge stated that she doesn't seen were the kids are in harms waynbecause the ex lied and told her they haven't fought since the last timemthe cops were out. I got a call the next day after court that they were fighting again. The kids told the judge that they like it there and made it sound to the judge they don't mind the smoking and fighting now. Between the judge screwing me and the ex lying and the kids changing there minds. I filed the last day of school before summer break and it took until the end of October to get to court. Gave her plenty of time to change there minds of twist there heads. I can't afford to do anymore I put every dime I had in this. Her BF wants her out so it's a matter of time before she has no were to live and can't get a place because of bankruptcy.