IGNORED

Calendar Change

Freebird

It was brought up in the "Request for Features" area that events listed on the calendar get lost among all the members birthdays. I am experimenting with the calendar and have removed birthday listings from it.

Do any of you use the calendar to see who is having a birthday? The birthdays are listed at the bottom of the forum and I figure that most people use that listing and not the calendar.

It does really clean up the calendar and makes it much easier to spot our events but if the majority of you prefer it the other way, I can quickly change it back to the way it was.

As always, opinions are welcome.

OK...I just revised my revision. If you DO want to see who is having birthdays via the calendar, I have added an "birthday" calendar. If you click on "calendar" in the menu bar, it will open up what is now called the "Rides, Rallies, Events" calendar. That calendar shows all events that have been added by our members.

If you scroll down on that page, you will see a drop down menu at the bottom right. If you click the arrow, you will see the "Birthday Calendar". Click on that if you want to see who is having birthdays.

There is one caveat to this. If you add your events to the birthday calendar, they will not show up on the Rides calendar. They are completely separate so it will be up to our members to make sure that they post any events to the Rides calendar.

Also, just a footnote here. You don NOT need to add your birthdays to the birthdays calendar. That information is pulled automatically from your profiles.

Well...I've revised the revision to my calendar revision. I have disabled the posting of events in the birthday calendar. That way there won't be mistakes made with folks posting upcoming events in the birthday calendar. So the birthday calendar is exactly that, it simply shows the upcoming birthdays of our members IF they have that info entered in their profiles.