IGNORED

Any pics of a 1st gen police bike?

GigaWhiskey

I wonder what year those Taiwanese MP Royal Stars were made? Wouldn't it be interesting if it was 1997-98 and they special ordered some of the early Royal Stars but with a then-custom faring on them. Yamaha then turned the fairing with other enhancements into the 2nd Gen RSV.

Can anyone tell from the picture if thats an early Royal Star tank and frame or a new version frame?

I remember seeing some of the early Royal Stars with leather saddle bags. Did they also come with the plastic (RSV style) bags?

Guest Ken8143
Is this the one you were looking for. I had it on my work laptop so it took a bit to find it but I believe this is the one that was offered for sale a while back.

Hope this helps.

Rick F.

NICE!

I found these 2nd Gens while looking. They belong to the Taiwan Military Police Command.

http://mp.rocmp.org/weapon/yamaha.jpg

http://mp-rocmp.myweb.hinet.net/weapon/pic/lin2.jpg

Yikes! Can you imagine if all those cassettes were all playing at the same time? :680:

It was from the "GovDeals.com". Cerviperus posted it back in 4/23/2008. According to the thread it was advertised as a '84 but there were doubts voiced here. Obviously it isn't there any more (sold or withdrawn). I remember the bike it was white with all the blue lights & police logos, etc. Any of the bike I see here or link to from here that I think are cool (to me), I'll usually copy the picture for my collection. Police bikes don't do much for me so I didn't keep a pic. Sorry!

Edited by autopilot
added date