IGNORED

Going under the knife

footsie

I have put this off for years, but it has finally caught up with me. I damaged the disk in my back, C-5 and C-6 about 25 years ago, they told me then that it would eventually make my left arm start hurting then go numb. well 2 weeks ago its happen.

I was just ridding along and wham felt like an electric shock went down my arm then came the pain and I do mean pain, after about 7 days it was just numb.

Anyway ended up at the neuro-surgeon in Macon ga, He is going to fuse both disc sites on the 27th. They say its a simple proceedure and I won't be out very long, about 10 to 14 days.

I did go to biketoberfest though, last thru and friday.

Gregg:shock3:

Wishing you the best on the surgery. With you being in Macon let me know if you need anything while you are here I can advise on places to eat around the hospitals if you need. Is it going to be done at the Med Center or the Coliseum? or even Northside?

Good Luck. Hope all goes well

I have a herniated disk as well but it is C4-C5 and it acted up bad a few years back. Got better when I got in to see the surgeon who said wait till it gets bad again then he would fuse it.

I know how it hurt and yes pain down the arm and along the back, which lasted three weeks. Not fun

Brad

Wishing you the best on the surgery. With you being in Macon let me know if you need anything while you are here I can advise on places to eat around the hospitals if you need. Is it going to be done at the Med Center or the Coliseum? or even Northside?

going to be at the Medical Center, Dr Smisson is doing the surgery.

Gregg

Hey Footsie,

Your story is sorta like mine.

I worked in a commercial fishing compnay in the 70s. I started there when I was 13 and worked with some big guys. I had to "carry my weight" around there, but a lot of the work we did involved lifting and moving really heavy items. Not wanting to be considered a scrawny little punk, I overworked my back and damaged my L5-S1 disc.

I had chronic back pain from my late teens. When I finally coudn't take it anymore, I had fusion surgery in 2007. Best thing I ever had done!!!

I have absolutely no back pain anymore. What a blessing!

I do have a little (slight) numbness in my left leg and foot. My doctor at the Southeastern Spine Institute here in Charleston said that after my nerves had been compressed for so long, he could not guarantee how they would act (heal?) when the pressure was released with surgery. For the most part, the minor tingling and numbness is my only residual from the surgery. That's a piece of cake compared to chronic pain.

Praying for your successful surgery and complete recovery.

Rusty

Hey Greg, man I was just thinking about you today and when I turned the computer on I just saw your post. Man I hope everything goes well with the surgery!! I hadn't heard anything from you in quite a while and was just wondering if you were still alive. Ha Ha Seriously, get well soon and maybe we'll take another ride after Christmas like we did last year. Knowing you though it won't take you that long to be back in the saddle.

Good luck Gregg. Like others, I can relate to your pain, as in my case, the damage was done when I hit a telephone pole on a runaway horse (long story - quick ending). Best wishes for a successful operation and speedy recovery without any more back pain.

Hey Greg, man I was just thinking about you today and when I turned the computer on I just saw your post. Man I hope everything goes well with the surgery!! I hadn't heard anything from you in quite a while and was just wondering if you were still alive. Ha Ha Seriously, get well soon and maybe we'll take another ride after Christmas like we did last year. Knowing you though it won't take you that long to be back in the saddle.

We have not made plans yet but I'm sure the after christmas ride will be on.

I'll let you know as so as we plan something.

Gregg