IGNORED

Another trip to hospital.

Yammer Dan

No nobody ran over me this time. I caught one of the nastiest bugs I've ever had. Cramps so bad I couldn't stand up let alone drive and must have threw up 25 times yesterday. Finally got Son-in-Law to take me to Emergency Room last night. They couldn't tell me what was wrong but got cramps stopped. I'm so weak I can hardley sit in chair. I took flu shot about 18 hrs before this started. Could that be it? Meds they gave me for cramps going to wear off and I need to go to Drug Store. I wish somebody would teach the Warden to drive. I really love that lady and she treats me like a king but has never wanted to drive. Just won't do it??

dan you allergic to eggs?

i had a flu shot got the craps felt like someone kicked me in the center of my back

this all happend within like 14 hours after i had mine?

doctor said i had a reaction to the shot and might be allergic to eggs.

They haven't bothered me before but something sure kicked me this time. I didn't get out to get the drugs prescribed at the hospital last night but had some Theraflu in the medican cabinet seems to be helping a lot. Sitting up watching WVU spank the South Flordia Bulls. Was supposed to go watch it on Son-in- Laws Big Screen but don't want to get around 2 month granddaughter like this. Had plans to put Brown Sugar Away this weekend and get Ugly out for the fall runs. Brown Sugar don't like bad weather.

The night I went into the hospital with my stone, they gave me a flu shot. Not saying that I felt Honky-Dorry afterwords, I don't think the shot gave many ill effects.

Hope ya get to feeling better. I'd feel guilty putting a 1st genr down while he's not feeling good . Truce until you are better !

BEER30

They tried to give me a flu shot when in college. The whole team was 'ordered' to get it. I dodged it, and was the only member of the team that didn't come down with the flu. I've never had one. I'm a firm believer in anti-bodies and building a strong immune system. Sure I get sick once in a while, but nothing like the rest of the family, and they get stuck yearly. :sick:

sounds like a rotovirus. It's that time of year and it's making it's rounds in my area. It's also called a 24 hour stomach bug. Basically it comes out both ends and feels like someone is hitting you in the stomach with a baseball bat when you're not puking. I had it a few years ago, along with everyone else in the house. It sucked, BAD! Push the Gatorade and suffer through it. It doesn't last long. Hope you feel better soon.

Still got a little fever this morning. Manage to keep down most of a bowl of chicken noodle. First food in over two days. Feel like I been run over by a truck. No, now that I think about it I believe that was a little worse.:rotfl:Haven't been able to get stupid leg warm while I'm sick?? Shot next year?? I don't think so!!!

After reading this blog I called my mother whose business is responsible for giving over 100,000 flu shots n the last twenty years, and she said she has absolutely never had any of her recipients ever have the type of reaction that you are talking about. She says that on occasion she has had people say that they experienced flu-like symptoms, and soreness on the arm where the shot was given, but that is all. After reading the post to my mom she said it sounded like you either ate something or drank something that was bad, but without knowing all the facts surrounding the incident it is hard to say. I hope you are feeling much better, nothing sucks worse then pushing the porcelain bus around. One other thing she had to ssay was that if this was caused by the shot it needs to be reported to the CDC in Atlanta, because they would be very interested in this case.

I think Dan got the bug from all those 1st gens laying around the house. Theyre just a breeding ground for virulant substances........:smile5::smile5::smile5:

Seriously though, the one (and only) year I had a flu shot I got violently ill and was out of work for 10 days. That was the first and last time I ever got a shot. When I start to feel under the weather I take a swig of DayQuil, the orange, non drowsy stuff and it usually works for me if you catch it early enough. Been doing that for years and im still ticking through the winters (yea, I know, im in Florida).

151 rum works just as well but it is suggested that you are at home when you take your medicine. A little coke will take the edge off of the rum......just saying....:smile5:

I think Dan got the bug from all those 1st gens laying around the house. Theyre just a breeding ground for virulant substances........:smile5::smile5::smile5:

Seriously though, the one (and only) year I had a flu shot I got violently ill and was out of work for 10 days. That was the first and last time I ever got a shot. When I start to feel under the weather I take a swig of DayQuil, the orange, non drowsy stuff and it usually works for me if you catch it early enough. Been doing that for years and im still ticking through the winters (yea, I know, im in Florida).

151 rum works just as well but it is suggested that you are at home when you take your medicine. A little coke will take the edge off of the rum......just saying....:smile5:

Think the Warden will go for that??

Honey all I need is a 5th of Rum and a little coke. The liquid kind dear.....:confused24:

I'm still down today!!! Theraflu is great but I'm getting tired of this.

I'm an asthmatic so most years I get the flu shot because it could be life or death for me. The sucky thing is I'm also very allergic to surgical steel as well. The one and only time hubby got the flu shot my doc suggested it as a preventative so it would reduce my chances of getting the flu. Well not only did we both get the flu within days of getting the shot but we were both really sick and I almost had to be hospitalized. Since then I get the shot and he doesn't so long as we stay away from the germ breeders (kids) for the duration of the cold and flu season. Yeah, some of our friends dislike that we camp out at home, but saves on the OTC expenses.

I'm an asthmatic so most years I get the flu shot because it could be life or death for me. The sucky thing is I'm also very allergic to surgical steel as well. The one and only time hubby got the flu shot my doc suggested it as a preventative so it would reduce my chances of getting the flu. Well not only did we both get the flu within days of getting the shot but we were both really sick and I almost had to be hospitalized. Since then I get the shot and he doesn't so long as we stay away from the germ breeders (kids) for the duration of the cold and flu season. Yeah, some of our friends dislike that we camp out at home, but saves on the OTC expenses.

And I got 21 Grandkids!!!

Not much improvement this morning. Warden baking banana bread smell making me sicker and I usually love that stuff!! Where is that Theraflu.

You need to get the Warden to give you a shove-off on Brown Sugar or Ugly and get out for a ride, Dan. All this sitting around is NOT doing you any good!

I've never had and never will get a flu shot. Kinda like going up to the baddest dude in the bar and kissing his girlfriend.......... Sure not gonna happen around here! I'll still get my one flu episode each fall, but i need to take a break every once in awhile!