IGNORED

TCI Repair services??

Trader

By now folks who are regulars here know I'm not all that mechanically inclined.

(and THAT'S an understatement!!!)

I have never soldered anything more than a few wires together!

All the talk about lifting traces etc has me convinced it is beyond my skill set.

I am a bit paranoid about my TCI boxes going bad.

I could open them up and inspect them...but if I find the diodes are swelling, are there any electrical geniuses here willing to do the soldering work for me?

I'm not talking for free.

Just if someone has the nerve (AND ABILITY) to take it on sometime over the winter.

Edited by Trader

In my humble opinion, if you were to get the box reworked for $75-$100, you would be better off to buy the Ingitech unit for $175 US + shipping. 2 year warranty. Much more robust TCI. You can use it for more than just TCI.

Tach, Fuel pump, Vmax servo motor (maybe, I have an email to Ignitech about this pending) Fully programable advance curve, variable rev limiter, to seperate kill switch inputs (has theft alarm possibilities)

With a 25 year old piece of electronics, one thing may be fixed, then something else could fail.

It depends on your prospects for keeping the bike long term.

Gary

In my humble opinion, if you were to get the box reworked for $75-$100, you would be better off to buy the Ingitech unit for $175 US + shipping. 2 year warranty. Much more robust TCI. You can use it for more than just TCI.

Tach, Fuel pump, Vmax servo motor (maybe, I have an email to Ignitech about this pending) Fully programable advance curve, variable rev limiter, to seperate kill switch inputs (has theft alarm possibilities)

With a 25 year old piece of electronics, one thing may be fixed, then something else could fail.

It depends on your prospects for keeping the bike long term.

Gary

But for those of us that arent techs, there really isnt any concise write ups with pics describing how to make this work for the mk1 and mk2's. i know there is a thread about it, but it is pretty long and all the different replies make it confusing to me. If someone could put together a write up we would feel better about trying ther ignitech but right now it seems kinda foreign to most of us.

Bri:Im not listening toan