IGNORED

New BMW K1600GT, K1600GTL unveiled.

royalstarjac

Wow sweet looking bike and all the the high tech gadgets you could fool with. I like it. Yamahahaha isnt going to come up with anything like that.

Wheel base:

Honda ST1300 is 59 in

FJR1300 is 61 in

K1600GTL is 63 in,,

Royal star is 67 in

Goldwing is 66 in

K1200lt is 64 in

Yes I rounded to the nearest inch

Looks like they are going for something between full dress and sport touring.

Looks a lot like a Yamaha FJR1300 wit a trunk to me..

Wheel base:

Honda ST1300 is 59 in

FJR1300 is 61 in

K1600GTL is 63 in,,

Royal star is 67 in

Goldwing is 66 in

K1200lt is 64 in

Yes I rounded to the nearest inch

Looks like they are going for something between full dress and sport touring.

Looks a lot like a Yamaha FJR1300 wit a trunk to me..

I'm gonna guess its a shade better.

Guest Swifty

I love it, nothing like the FJR to the discerning eye. I'm glad they did the dual exhaust.

I wonder how much difference there is with the GT besides the trunk bag.

I can't find a close up of the handle bar controls...anyone find a pic of that?

Looks like someone chopped about 10 to 12 inches off of the back when the trunk isn't there. Don't like the look without the trunk.

Exhaust looks like something out of James Bond. I'd be looking for some missiles to be shooting out of those things. :Bunny:

Nice Technology going on there though. Wonder what problems the shake down year or two will expose.

The one thing I don't like about the particular style is not being able to lean back and stretch your legs out on those long rides...I we do a lot of long rides. I feel very cramped in a very short time.

But the styling itself looks very sharp.

Guest Swifty
The one thing I don't like about the particular style is not being able to lean back and stretch your legs out on those long rides...I we do a lot of long rides. I feel very cramped in a very short time.

But it's a slim bike especially for a straight 6 (I bet even slimmer than the width at the shin fairings on the 1st gen???) and there's lots of exposed area below the cylinder/header area for possible after market crash bars/footrests. A little work with handle bar extensions and it'll be perfect for some major changes in body position while riding. NO problem stretching out on long rides...just like I/we do on the 1st gens. I'm still drooling.

I think I am in love! Adaptive headlights are way cool, the seating position on the GTL looks spot on for long distance touring, and Kuryakyn probably already has pegs designed for it, and BMW may have some too.

Now I need to prepare for the $ hit! (sorry, don't mean for you to put those two bits together, that should read "Dollar Hit"!). :)

I am guessing 30 large at least.

BMW have awesome technology. They're reliable and well built. But, this one really looks like a big scooter to me. I want all of the comfort, bells and whistles ... but, I want it to still look like a motorcycle. I still like my '07 Venture Plus. :happy65:

Pete.

WOW - I like that headlight technology - don't see (now) why all manufacturer's don't come up with something like that for motorcycles in general (though I would image it costs "couple of dollars". Not so keen on the seating position on that bike - but they are beautiful bikes to me.

I love it, nothing like the FJR to the discerning eye. I'm glad they did the dual exhaust.

I wonder how much difference there is with the GT besides the trunk bag.

I can't find a close up of the handle bar controls...anyone find a pic of that?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7VWr67S9DM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 2011 BMW K 1600 GT / K 1600 GTL[/ame]