IGNORED

who shifts with out using clutch

REDRIDER52

If it was ok to shift the "old International" without the clutch, then why would it not be ok to shift the Venture without the clutch? Why would the drive train be in jeopardy on the Venture and not on the International?

To me, that doesn't make sense but then again, a lot of things don't make sense to me LOL. (I guess that's why I like to question them)

I'm sure that most everybody can tell the difference between an International cab-over with a Detriot 318 and a Venture.

First off, the Detroit HAD to be kept on peak or it was forever to recover, hence the shifting w/o a clutch. Second, there was no tweaking or adjusting with the exception of going down even with the 2 speed. It just worked better w/o use of the clutch. A simple blip of the accelerator kept everything in sync.

I haven't tried it on my Venture and quite frankly, I never will. The machines are 2 totally different pieces of equipment. I have found so far that engine speed isn't the key with the Venture, it's the gears. :2cents:

Anybody that has HAD to drive anything with a Detroit 318 knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Now that I have triked my bike find my self shifting gears with out using clutch only to start and stop Have done this on 2 wheels but doing more now Any one else doing this on 2wheels or trike

It would be prudent to exercise caution in responding to this query if your bike is still under warranty. Never know who may be reading and it sounds to me like cluthless shifting could affect warranty coverage in certain instances.