IGNORED

Radio MCU Model # on an RSV

MikeWa

Does anyone know the Clarion model numbers for the radio mcu and cassette player on a second generation Venture? I am to old,slow and tired to pull the fairing for a look see. So I am hoping someone knows the numbers. I am trying to locate Clarion service manuals for them.

Thanks

Mike

I can look tonight and post if you like.

I will also tell you this, I thought I had a problem with my radio a few years ago and searched the web for the model number on the radio, no luck. Ended up calling Clairion direct and they had never heard of our model number. I believe the rep made an honest try to find it.

I'm thinking that Clairion made these radios just for Yamaha and did not sell them to the public.

My problem ended up being a loose/dirty connector under the fairing. Same as many others here.

If you are having problems jump in and remove the fairing and clean the radio plugs. Reassemble with dielectric grease on the pins and I bet you will be good to go.

Thanks LilBeaver.

I have the service manuals for the CB radio and the Clarion DC625CD changer. With this info I can have the CB adjusted for the correct modulation and power output. And I can troubleshoot the wiring to the cd changer if needed. (as in modify it for an mp3 or gps etc) Hopefully I can find manuals for the rest of the system. It is nice to actually know what each pin on a connector is for.

The Yamaha service manual wiring schematic only shows the wires to the white rectangular 18 pin connector. It does not show a pinout for any of the round 5, 11 or 13 pin connectors. No wonder the dealer techs have such a hard time troubleshooting the audio system. I have had two problems repaired under warranty. One a pinched harness and the other a bad plug at the blue 13 pin connector coming out of the MCU. That is the one to the riders remote control. It was causing all kinds of weird intermittent lock-up problems.

Mike