Yama Mama

Ron and I have been riding motorcycles for well over 30 years, like many of you. Motorcycling is what has kept us enthusiastic about life and has given us so many wonderful memories and experiences.

It is what makes our relationship strong and keeps us with a very mutual interest.

Have you ever given any thought as to, if you did not have motorcycling in your life, what would the alternative be? Everything I can think of in our life, other than our children and our granddaughter

would be separate interests. Ron's interests are all technical, and mechanical. I am not that at all.

Point of this whole post? Thank the Lord for Motorcycling in our lives, it makes all the difference. We are blessed.

Yama Mama:ice_awesome-vi46644

I've gone thru a few "down times" when I haven't had a bike. Once for almost 6 years. While riding is a predominant "summer" thing in my life, that is usually only for 3-4 months of the year so during the rest of the time and in those down times, I've always found many other things to fill the void. That being said, there is always this feeling of "wish I could be riding".

Since meeting Nina 5 & 1/2 years ago and introducing her to riding, it has become one of the primary common interests in our life together. We both live for the summer riding season.

Let me just say before the bikes came back into my life, I was a man, wondering in a lost world. yerning, to get back out on the open road.

My wife knew I could taste it..... I kept making comments, about doing it for four years. In 05, I picked up a 04 Roadstar leftover , and rode it for eight months, dropping eleven thousand miles on it.

In May of 06, the wife started to complain, she can't carry items and had to leave them home. So I Bought the Trailer, Matrix rover.

In April of 07 we picked up the Venture.

But for now It looks like the wife, Loves traveling by Bus, and trailering the bike.

so I'll just have to live with the Idea

Motorcycling has defined my entire life in the most profound, direct and indirect ways. Even during that thirty six year period of my life that I did not ride motorcycles.

You see it was like this;

From the beginning from almost the earliest time that I can remember riding mini-bikes was the commonality that connected me to my childhood peer group in elementary school.

(I'm gonna have to do this in chapters since I'm late for work.)

Ron and I have been riding motorcycles for well over 30 years, like many of you. Motorcycling is what has kept us enthusiastic about life and has given us so many wonderful memories and experiences.

It is what makes our relationship strong and keeps us with a very mutual interest.

Have you ever given any thought as to, if you did not have motorcycling in your life, what would the alternative be? Everything I can think of in our life, other than our children and our granddaughter

would be separate interests. Ron's interests are all technical, and mechanical. I am not that at all.

Point of this whole post? Thank the Lord for Motorcycling in our lives, it makes all the difference. We are blessed.

Yama Mama:ice_awesome-vi46644

Can't Imagine no Motorcycle's but My wife and I have been married 34 years and we have a bunch of interests that we both love: We both love boating and the water, we both love college football and tailgating at the games and are season ticket holders to the college we support. We love to travel even if not by Bike. We love to play cards with our friends, (you youngins probably don't play cards) there are some other little things that we do together that keep us busy together. I guess we are friends first bikers second.

Have you ever given any thought as to, if you did not have motorcycling in your life, what would the alternative be?

That's easy, I'd be fishing.

I just realized that I started riding 48 years ago, although there were some years in there where I spent all my time fishing, not riding. those years my bike sat, now my boat sits.

Someday---------

Steve

Lets see.....Jean and I will be married 32 years next week. We knew/dated each other for 5 years prior to that. She had a 250 Yamaha and I had a 66 Chevelle street rod. While we were still dating she also bought a 66 Chevelle street rod. His and hers. My bike came in once we were married. Jean upgraded to a Honda 550 4 and I bought a new 1978 750 SS. We rode all over New York/New England together. The cars kind of went by the wayside in favor of the bikes. I had an 83 wing for a bit then an 83 Venture before my 99. Now, other then the car/bike connection we are opposites. We have different tastes in foods, vacation choices, relaxation ideas, etc. But for some reason our formula works. Probably the best connection is riding the bike. We dont have to go far or even leave the state to enjoy time together. Sometimes a simple ride to the beach works for us. And oh yea....the DOGS!! Our biggest connection. Always had large dogs as long as we've been together. Lets see...Mindy the great dane back when we first got married then Holly the St Bernard. (Kinda looked like Beer30) and Semi the part dane/pit mix, then Caleb another Dane, who was the best and now Zeus and Xena, two more danes. Sooo......and I keep telling her just how lucky she is to have me......:whistling:

If we didn't have the bike to get away from it all. We would probably either be divorced or one of us would be in jail for murder:duck:. In twenty years of marriage, we never took a vac. never took time off, just work. Now we love to get away,the friends, and the relief from stress it gives us.:thumbsup2:

After 30 yrs of marriage....biking is the only common interest that the hubby and I share. I'm so glad that we have it.....

I haven't been feeling well the last month or so, and the weather's been cruddy this last week, which put me down in the dumps.

Last night the hubby was at another volunteer meeting, the weather took a beautiful turn right before I left for work....

I got home, changed clothes, jumped on my bike....

I can't tell you how beautiful it was....the fields have turned golden brown which makes all the red barns look redder, the green lawns greener, the sky bluer....it was breathtaking.

The warm air on my face.....it was another night of riding I will never forget!

I really don't think I could survive without riding!

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/AAB1834.jpg

Bought my first bike at 15 in 1962 in order to make the 22 mile daily trip to my first passion, which was horses. Never been without a bike since then and I ride every day that I can. But I also enjoy some of my other toys. Like Condor, I also love to sail and yes, as you can see, I do have a bunch of other boats. In the winter time, I sure enjoy my snowmobiling on the fabulous trails here in Ontario. Oh, I'm also sentimental about my ford 8n tractor which is the same as the one my grandfather taught me to operate back in the summer of 54.

Since I cant get my wife to ride with me. I have to pick and choose my spots to ride. We still have kids at home and that limits me as well. I did get to do 2-3 day vacations with friends on the bike. 1 to Algona Iowa, and the other to Sturgis. But when you are with your friends and they are all married couples and you are by yourself, it isnt as much fun as it should be. So I have been thinking. I have my grandfathers 57 chevy stepside pickup sitting out in the back, and if I fixed it up I think I could get her to go on some ice cream runs etc. and have some fun together. Because with 3 kids still around the house, there really isnt time for just us. I am gratefull that I have a wife who understands and lets me take off on my bike when I do get the time. And if she would read this, maybe it would be worth some brownie points for more riding........

Since I cant get my wife to ride with me. I have to pick and choose my spots to ride. We still have kids at home and that limits me as well. I did get to do 2-3 day vacations with friends on the bike. 1 to Algona Iowa, and the other to Sturgis. But when you are with your friends and they are all married couples and you are by yourself, it isnt as much fun as it should be. So I have been thinking. I have my grandfathers 57 chevy stepside pickup sitting out in the back, and if I fixed it up I think I could get her to go on some ice cream runs etc. and have some fun together. Because with 3 kids still around the house, there really isnt time for just us. I am gratefull that I have a wife who understands and lets me take off on my bike when I do get the time. And if she would read this, maybe it would be worth some brownie points for more riding........

I think that sounds like a good plan bj!

Yama Mama