IGNORED

$1,500,000.00 for only $300.00

KarlS

Never saw this one before. Have to prove the person sending me the money is not sending it for terrorist reasons. And $300.00 will do it.

UNITED STATES * POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE

PO BOX 555, NEW YORK NY 10116-0555

This is to notify you that we have intercepted your parcel from DHL COURIER SERVICE is making the delivery and we have stopped the delivery process for some security reasons stated below:

Our scanning system has detected that your parcel contains a confirmable CARD to the tune of US1,500,000.00 USD.

Also for the Delivery of the Parcel to continue, you are in obligation to obtain from Spain, a Duly Sworn Affidavit from Spanish High Court which will back up the Origin of Fund. This is in line with the Anti-Terrorist Campaign which the USA Government has embarked on recently to protect our Territory from future attacks. You should therefore contact the sender of the CARD or the DHL Courier Agent in Madrid Spain to get the Sworn Affidavit for you while we wait to receive from you the Affidavit File Number to enable us forward your CARD to your address.

Below is his contact information. Note that the cost of the Affidavit is US$130 and do not hesitate to remit the amount to him.

Name: Mr Michael Kitzinger

Email address: michaelkitzinger@qatar.io

Tel: 011 34672809778

We shall then forward the CARD to you and you will be sure of a genuine CARD that is coming to you. We are doing this for your interest considering the rate which fraudulent and stolen checks/CARD are been sent to our innocent citizen that most times put them in problem. Always send your correspondence to our secure email: postal_inspector@post.com

Your urgent action on this notice will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

GUY COTTRELL

Chief Postal Inspector

its amazing how many elderly individuals have come into my office wanting me to help them collect the money on something like that. they get upset when I tell them that its a fraud. I always have to point out that they have to enter a contest before they can win it.

Grindo,

You couldn't be more right. It seems like it's always the elderly who get burned. When I first started in 1990, they were being scammed with fake driveway re-surfacing and "keep 'em busy at the front door, while a cohort goes in the back door to steal their jewelry." Now it all seems to be coming through the mail, over the phone, and even on line. What seems like obvious scams to most of us, alot of elderly people don't recognize as such. We need to educate our elderly population better, I think. Talk to our parents and grand parents about these things. I know they sometimes don't want to hear it, but I think we should do it anyway, just my opinion. Another one that's becoming more popular (just happened a few weeks ago here) is the "Grandma, I need $5,000 for bail, (usually in some far off place) or I'm going to jail." Sometimes the ne'er-do-well grandson is involved in the scam, and sometimes they're not. Just an FYI for you. Don