IGNORED

the best kool aid i ever had

oldgoat

oldgoat,

You and people like you, with BIG hearts makes me proud to be one on this site. My hats off to my freind and you can bet that mother and daughter are very thankful. Keep up the good deeds. Whats a tank of gas when you can make a little girl see the good in people.

outlawrider:bawling: :2132:

My wife's sister and her husband live about 200 miles away....he's alergic to our dogs so and we arranged a hotel for them fto come for a visit this past weekend

We were supposed to go on the 1000 Islands dinner cruise together this past Friday.

Well, sad to say, My Mum passed away last Wednesday, so obvioulsy we had to cancel our plans

It's a long story but it only cost me about 25% for the rooms and the cruise...but under that arrangement I could not get any refund if we cancelled so We called them and suggested they invite another couple for the weekend

I just paid for the new couple to have thier own room as well.:mo money:

The new couple ended up being late...so late that the ship would have already left but as it turned out the band was late also.

My Brother in law figured there was no sense wasting the 2 new couple's tickets ($75 per person NORMAL price) so when he noticed a young couple who were wistfully watching the boarding, he offered them the tickets for free. (they would have been totally wasted anyway)

He said they lit up like a Christmas tree!

Just as he was about to hand them the tickets ...the "new" couple showed up....so the young couple lost out. He said it was sad to see how they deflated.

We ended up meeting for a quick visit the next day (Saturday) and my Bro. in Law gave us flowers for my Dad and bought us lunch.

I felt so bad when they told me the story of that Young couple!

If I was there I would have bought them tickets anyway!!!!

I can't even describe how I felt when I actually met the "new" couple". Un-impressed may be a start.

They did express condolences on Mum's death.... but never even said thank you for the 2 nights in the hotel or the cruise or so much as mentioned it...no report if it was good, bad or otherwise.

My brother in law couldn't believe it either!!!

I'm not looking for anyone to kiss my *** .....or looking for praise...it was just a way to make up for cancelling out on my brother in law.......but You would think that if someone gives you a holiday weekend worth at least $500 that you would at least say thank you!

Some peoples' Kids!!!!!!!!