IGNORED

Any vintage sled owner/riders in here?

a1bummer

I'm hoping that some of you older guys in here might be able to help me ID an old Polaris Star engine I have hiding in my shed. I'm trying to figure out what size it is and what year. The ID tag has been cleaned of all the important information except for some numbers that are stamped into it. I remember riding a few of the old Polaris sleds that had these engines in them when I was a kid. I want to put it into the go-cart I used to drive when I was a kid and get it back up and running for old times sake. I haven't driven it since I crashed it doing about 60mph when I was about 15. That was 24 years ago. I'm gonna have to chop off the roll bars and weld on some new ones and stuff.

Anyway, I've attached some pics to help with the ID. Maybe someone knows where I can find some good info on vintage sleds and such that will help?

Thanks, Bill

Sorry, I have no idea.

I used to have an old Massey-Ferguson SST500 sled. It was a Rotax twin cylinder. That thing would fly!

I didn't have much use for it after I moved down here, so I sold it to a kid who was gonna put it in a go-cart. I told him he'd better build a good roll cage...lol.