IGNORED

Aux Jack Problem \ Sound System Problem

dnager

I have two different problems on my 2005 RSV.

1. When I plug my MP3 Player into the Aux Jack it seems that something inside is loose and I loose the connection. If I jiggle the wire a bit I get the connection back. Bumps also effect the connection. How do I tighten things up inside of the Aux Jack ?

2.Separate from that my entire sound systems locks up every now and then and I have to shut it down and turn it back on to unlock. At the same time my transmit button sticks on the CB and stops the system form working. I sprayed in electric contact spray and that stopped the PTT button problem but the system still locks up every now and then. I do have my Garmin Street Pilot III hooked up to the sound system inside of the fairing but dont remember if the system locked up or not before that.

I would suggest splitting the forward fairing and disconnecting the plugs for the

radio and such located right side and clean them and coat with some dielectric

tune up grease.(permatex brand) then plug the connecters back together. I had close to the same prob's you are describing.

Search the threads and you will find procedures to split the fairing and you'll also find the remedy for your situation

Hope this helps

I have two different problems on my 2005 RSV.

1. When I plug my MP3 Player into the Aux Jack it seems that something inside is loose and I loose the connection. If I jiggle the wire a bit I get the connection back. Bumps also effect the connection. How do I tighten things up inside of the Aux Jack ?

I had the same problem ...replacing the Aux cable for the Mp3, that solved the problem.

Take the front fairing off and very carefully wiggle test all of the connectors. Here is a chart that might help. I found my blue stripe connector to the controller had a bad connection when wiggled.

Mike

2008 Royal Star VentureRadio MCU ConnectionsDevice#PinsShapeColorNotesCB Radio13RoundYellowCD Changer13RoundGreenRider's Remote Cont 13RoundBlueRider's Headset5RoundRedPassenger Headset5RoundWhiteCassette Player11RoundGrayAntenna AM/FM1RoundRCA PlugCB antenna connected to CB unitAuxilery Input2RoundSterio PlugMulti Connector- Power, Speakers Passenger's Remote18RectangleWhiteSee wiring diagram for pin # identification

PS That was weird. I thought I copied a chart. So here is a picture.

Edited by MikeWa
add picture