IGNORED

Victory motorcycles

new guy

I ran into one dealership actually charging 20% higher than the book price for parts

:scratchchin: I'd tell him...

"hey, I've got this really comfy touring bike, and am always looking for a reason to ride it. I think I'll ride it to the next dealership"

Just my :2cents:, Scooter Bob

Guest RawHide
We have two yamaha shops in central new Yorkthat are very similar in sizes and amenities. Filer's in Macedon NY. and Pioneers in Arcade NY. Pioneer can't do enough for you Filer can't do anything for you. I took my 85 in for fork seals. It took them two weeks cause they ordered the wrong papers then they brought the bike to me and as they unloaded it off the trailer the seals popped out and the bike dumped its fork oil in my driveway. they had to take it back and redo it 3 more days.

Pioneer has sponsors several of our rallyes, contributes prizes, checks out our bike when we get there and will fit us in if we need help while we are there.

Two dealers same size totally different attitudes.

I agree with Phil I was there when it happen and it was embarrassing to see their poor workmanship! I would never suggest Filer to anyone PERIOD! THEIR LOSS!

Interaction without conversation/communication seems rather pointless. The story I read does not allude to any discussion, just reaction and attitude. Even if the store personnel did not speak properly to the customer, that does not, at all, preclude the customer from staying in control of the situation and accomplishing what they set out to do in the first place.

There's likely more to the story than what has been stated, but I would certainly have made it known that perhaps there might be a misunderstanding here, sir, in that I have already requested and received confirmation from Victory that I was all set to have the test ride I showed up for! Now, where are those keys?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't go anywhere without getting what I show up for, and it's always accomplished with a smile on my face and a most pleasant attitude, one that cannot be shaken by any other, for any reason.

Kindly allow me to suggest that one is always better served by responding, and not reacting. Why? When you react you effectively give up control and, by default, compromise your Self, which can start a whole chain reaction of mis-directed events. If you need an example, you only need read through this thread again...

Habib the Not-Compromised

I have bought three bikes from Ridersville. We bought Clares there, and Harold, the owner, was kind enought to bring a used bike out to the parking lot and teach Clare how to ride. We bought her bike there a year ago. I can tell you that I have never had a dealer offer that service to me. They have also let me test ride their GW's as well. I don;t know who you spoke to, but I give that dealership a 10 out of 10.

I wish that you had a better experience as they have given me in the past, and I hope that it was an off day for Harold and the staff.

Every make of mototcycle has good and bad dealerships. I'm not riding an ultra classic today because of a poor dealership. They aren't in business today. It was 2005 and I had a 1100 v star and my wife and I wanted a touring bike. I rode a goldwing and didn't like it so I went to the harley dealer. I left my office dressed in office attire and pulled up in my Lincoln Aviator. I saw the most beautiful bike I had ever seen. It was a blue and white ultra classic. I walked all around the bike and looked around with my eyes saying, someone please come over here and talk to me. No one acknowledged I was in the building. When I got home I told my wife I had found the bike we needed. Two days later I returned to the harley dealer with my wife and we both were looking at the ultra. No one would even look at us. An employee of the dealer came in the front door and walked past me and I say good morning. He never acknowledged I was there and walked into an office and sat at his desk. I told my wife, lets go, it will be a cold day in hell before I spend money with these jerks. A friend of ours had an 04 venture and told us we could come by his house and take it for a ride and go as far as we wanted. My wife and I had ridden about 10 miles when she leaned up and said this is the bike we need. So, I bought an 05 venture in september 05. I am still riding the venture.

I work hard for my money, so when I walk into a m/c dealer, I would like to be at least acknowledged while I am there. I refuse to beg to buy a m/c, lol. At the International MC Show in Greenville, SC this past Feb, I asked the Yamaha rep if they had any dealers that did not suck. He kinda laughed out loud, but did not have an answer.

Too many retailers have forgotten or just don't seem to realise that regardless of what is in their shop, they sell one product; SERVICE.

Service is not always what sells something in the first place but it is what sells the second something...and the third something...and the something to the friend of the customer.

A simple Hello, or nod or other such acknowledgment when you walk in is often enough. "I'll be with you in a minute after I've taken care of my current customer", will make waiting in a line tolerable.

Good service can be little more than common, (or not so common), courtesy but it can make a world of difference to a customer...or window shopper who may have a friend that could be a customer.

Service costs very little but can net you big rewards...people will even pay more for it.

Why do so many businesses find it such a hard lesson to learn...?

I have been really lucky, in that the Yamaha shop is also the Victory shop here. They see me once or twice a month for something on the ol girl. The owner keeps trying to talk me out of 86, but won't go low enough on the 2009 he has on the floor. I have ridden the Vision Tour Premium at the last Test Ride Day. Oh Goodness, after riding my 1st gen, the fuel injection kicked in and I was at 90 mph quick. The only complaint I had was the 6 Speed (yes 6) shifted HARD. I felt like I was gonna break something every shift. My friend rode the cross country and bought one. The problem now is that they are completely out of the tour premium. Well I'm waiting for it to get cold up north and some of y'all to realize that you didn't get to ride much and sell me your 2nd gen for dirt cheap.:fingers-crossed-emo

We have two yamaha shops in central new Yorkthat are very similar in sizes and amenities. Filer's in Macedon NY. and Pioneers in Arcade NY. Pioneer can't do enough for you Filer can't do anything for you. I took my 85 in for fork seals. It took them two weeks cause they ordered the wrong papers then they brought the bike to me and as they unloaded it off the trailer the seals popped out and the bike dumped its fork oil in my driveway. they had to take it back and redo it 3 more days.

Pioneer has sponsors several of our rallyes, contributes prizes, checks out our bike when we get there and will fit us in if we need help while we are there.

Two dealers same size totally different attitudes.

don't forget the 15% discount at pioneer for ALL venturerider members!!!!:bowdown:

About a month ago I called the nearest Victory dealer who is in Loxley Alabama, to see if he had a Cross country. ( got the dealer info off the Victory website). No, he didn't have a Cross Country but did have a Cross Roads. Same bike basically. So, a couple of days later I went over to LOOK at it and the manager, George, INSISTED that I demo the bike. To make a long story short I am now the proud owner of a 2011 black Cross Country. Originally I ordered a white/silver but a black came in unexpectedly and I took it. Wasn't really sure of the white anyway.

If I judged the manufacturer by the dealers I have encountered I wouldn't even have looked at the Victory because a couple of years ago I had a really bad encounter with the Victory dealer in Jackson Ms. But instead, when I got interested in the Cross Country I found another dealer. And George and his staff are absolutely top notch !! With a couple of small changes this bike will be perfect and I am definitely satisfied. Didn't want to go back to a Wing and got tired of waiting for Yamaha to upgrade the Venture. So, anyway, don't judge the product by the dealer. The Victory is a great bike and you would be doing yourself an injustice by not looking at it if you are really interested.

I'm heading there this morning just because they truely do care about their customers. Need to have tire mounted on rear and I won't go anywhere else unless it's an emergency. They sell Victorys also and I have test driven the Vision (wife didn't like the leg room) and the Cross Roads, that will be my next bike. Got T-shirts both times and an extra one just for being a customer. Tony the service manager is top notch and has given advice (even to save me money on DIY) he is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about our bikes. When I was looking at the Victorys, I even had service techs ask me if I wanted a salesperson to talk to because they were off somewhere taking care of other business. Now THIS is how a business should be run. Ride safe and see ya down the road. God Bless. Mike

Guest tx2sturgis
The Victory is a great bike and you would be doing yourself an injustice by not looking at it if you are really interested.

I rode one of those at the Victory demo rides in Sturgis a few weeks ago.

It is one of the best bikes I think I have ever ridden, based on a short, 20 mile ride.

Here is my impression from that ride, copied from my post in the thread about clutch basket whine on the Venture:

Yep....lovely bike, that one. I rode the one with the trunk and I think its gonna cost me.

This particular model had the shorty windshield... but I assume a taller shield is available.

Nice ride, plenty of torque. Good handling, mostly quiet drivetrain. Precise steering input. Good clutch action. Handled myself and my passenger as if we were 200 pounds lighter. Perfect throttle feel and brake feedback.

Nice big analog gauges, digital gear indicator, and even a digital air temp gauge. Nice touch. I noticed the gear indicator seems to be computer controlled, computing the road speed vs the rpm and then displaying the gear, after a brief moment of calculations.

Plenty of torque...the motor loafs along at about 2200 rpm at around 70 in 6th if I remember right. Drop a gear and the thing moves out with authority.

Nice, sturdy, roomy trunk. Not huge, but roomy enough for daily needs. Cool looking highway bars. Fit and finish seemed spot-on, although I didnt inspect every nook and cranny of the bike. Comfy saddle, at least for the 20 minutes I was on it. Nice roomy saddlebags, way bigger than the wimpy little bags on the Vision. No passenger grabrails tho....whats up with that?

Overall, I was impressed. Dont ride one unless your wallet can stand it!

Went to dealer today to install a rear back tire and balance on my RSTD. While there I took a Victory Crosscountry for a test drive. Man what a bike. Powerful, balanced, shifted fantastic. Ride was a 8 out of 10. I was hardly in 4th gear doing 75 and rpm's were 2900 with plenty to go along with 2 more gears. Needs a higher windshield because of the buffeting which was terrible. In that last sentance was the ONLY complaint I had. After riding that bike I come to realize I've been riding an anchor. The crossroads or crosscountry will be in my garage next.