IGNORED

MKII bags & trunk for my MKI

I've been thinking about going with the MKII bags & trunk for my MKI. Anybody have all the goodies for the conversion at a reasonable price? I would also be needing a hitch. Right now I'm skimming through eBay and finding a few goodies. So far I'm up to about $500 without the trunk, trunk bracket, tail lights, and trim. I found a complete trunk that's the right color that would add another $250 O $300 to the total. I'm thinking it could be $1000 or more if I can find all the parts on eBay. You guys think that's reasonable?

I would later turn around and sell all the old goodies to try and offset the price. That would help a bit. I'm not sure what they would all be worth though.

Thanks, Bill

My $.02-----

Why not trade or sell/buy MKI for a MKII? I like the streamlined look of the MKI. I rode a '84 VR until '04, and now on a '07 RSV. I got to the point that I just did not want to deal with the repairs/maintenance of a 20 year old bike. At 73 years young and not as slim as I used to be, it's tough getting down and up to work on 'em.

I would like to see a NEW MKI styled Venture, they were fast and easy on the eyes. And, you could take that luggage off the bike and carry it into the hotel/motel. (Then you could use their tub/towels to clean and dry 'em).

Keep the original luggage on your Venture and not have to deal with all of the hardware, electrical, etc. Trade up to a MKII.

Yamaha had such a great idea with the removable luggage. Made working on the bike and cleaning it so much easier. Changing it one of the biggest goofs they have made.

I agree. I'd think it would be better the other way around with MkII riders going to back to the MkI luggage... :stirthepot:

Thanks guys. Those thoughts have gone through my wee little brain. The thought of the price and then repainting what ever didn't match would up the price. I also figured that by that time I could spend a bit more and find one with all that stuff already on it.

Bill