IGNORED

Sturgis 2010-a few pics

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Made it home after 14 days on the road.

2,477 miles.

Here a few pics of the bike/trailer combo. I took several pics on the last Saturday of the event in and around Sturgis, at 0730 local time after a good rain, when the streets and venues were mostly deserted. These are not your usual, crowded street-scene shots.

Since this is a family oriented forum, I cant post all of the...uh...fun photos. But trust me on this, the road in Glencoe Campground called 'Pervert Road', has a well-deserved reputation. Adults ONLY. Just use your imagination on this.

My rear tire found a nail so I had a new E3 put on the bike while in Sturgis. I think the E3 tire is a magnet for nails. Great tire, but I have yet to wear one out.

Overall, we had a great time....and now its only 51 more weeks till Sturgis!

Edited by tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis
You could always pm me those "other" pics.:smile5:

Sorry guys, I'm already in hot water on here...I dont need to be sending nudie pics on Dons servers!

Well Brian - I was just starting to wonder where you were at. Glad you made it home safe!

Sounds like you had a good time/trip, except for maybe some weather.

What do you mean you can't share more pictures. I was always under the impression that Sturgis was one of those 'classy' motorcycle enthusiast get togethers? :think:

:crackup::crackup:

Guest tx2sturgis

What do you mean you can't share more pictures. I was always under the impression that Sturgis was one of those 'classy' motorcycle enthusiast get togethers? :think:

:crackup::crackup:

I've been to Sturgis Bike Week about 15 times now, and I've gotten pretty good at guessing the attendance, before the official totals are released. I'm going to guess that this year it was somewhere around 700,000, judging from the bikes, the crowds, the traffic, and the weather. I am NOT a pro, so thats subject to be off quite a bit.

I did see a couple of 'classy' enthusiasts, but they were jailed for wearing three-piece suits in public.

:moon:

Guest tx2sturgis
Did you just say you had another tire to give away? :rasberry:

They charged me 3 dollars to 'dispose' of the old tire. You could have made me a better offer I'm sure!

:doh:

Guest tx2sturgis

By the way Rick, while in Sturgis, I met a Venture rider from Lubbock named Steve. He was riding a Silver ( if i remember right) Venture. I told him about this board...he said he's a member over on the 'other' Venture website.

Maybe he will or has joined...seemed like a nice guy...he approached me when he saw my Texas decal on the bike. I didnt think about taking pics then.

And the picture below shows a Venture (from Canada I believe) pretty close to our campsite. This fella was pulling a tent trailer and seemed to want to be left alone, so we didnt bother him. Nice lookin rig tho.

Edited by tx2sturgis

They charged me 3 dollars to 'dispose' of the old tire. You could have made me a better offer I'm sure!

:doh:

Hell, that's a brand new tire for me!! You coulda strapped on top of your trailer!! I'd plug/patch that tire in a heartbeat and never look back.

Guest tx2sturgis

Sturgis is not known as a destination for boating. But that didnt stop this guy. He told me he built this up on an early model Suburban chassis, and was completely street legal as it had lights and tags. He said it would do about 60 on the highway before it got wobbly. He also said it was dangerous at any speed, since it tended to snarl up traffic!

He was from Dallas, so you guys in the Metro-Mess be on the lookout for it!

By the way Rick, while in Sturgis, I met a Venture rider from Lubbock named Steve. He was riding a Silver ( if i remember right) Venture. I told him about this board...he said he's a member over on the 'other' Venture website.

Maybe he will or has joined...seemed like a nice guy...he approached me when he saw my Texas decal on the bike. I didnt think about taking pics then.

Well how 'bout that. I'll keep my eye out for it.

I have seen a few (maybe 3 or 4) royal stars, but no other ventures, around town...

Guest tx2sturgis
Hell, that's a brand new tire for me!! You coulda strapped on top of your trailer!! I'd plug/patch that tire in a heartbeat and never look back.

I know...BUT!

It was HOT..and..I was running 2-up at the rally, and pulling a trailer home for 900 miles. I chose to be out a few dollars (thanks Discover! and J&P Cycles Metric Store!) rather than risk a plug failing on the edge of the tire at high speeds somewhere in Nowhere Wyoming or BFE Nebraska on a Sunday riding home.

I promise the next one I poke will have your name on it! Fair?

:duck:

I know...BUT!

It was HOT..and..I was running 2-up at the rally, and pulling a trailer home for 900 miles. I chose to be out a few dollars (thanks Discover! and J&P Cycles Metric Store!) rather than risk a plug failing on the edge of the tire at high speeds somewhere in Nowhere Wyoming or BFE Nebraska on a Sunday riding home.

I promise the next one I poke will have your name on it! Fair?

:duck:

Yeah, with the all the meat left on that tire and the nail being in the tread area I'da patched that puppy on the inside and boogied down the blvd.... I bet there's a dumpster diver out there right now, riding on it ..... :whistling:

Guest tx2sturgis
Yeah, with the all the meat left on that tire and the nail being in the tread area I'da patched that puppy on the inside and boogied down the blvd.... I bet there's a dumpster diver out there right now, riding on it ..... :whistling:

Once again...I hear ya. But I didnt have the tools or a lift to get the wheel off, or tire spoons and tools to unseat the tire off the rim, or an air compressor to reseat the tire, and the J&P mechanic charged me $80 to remove the wheel, dismount and mount the tire, and reinstall on the bike. Not bad as rally prices go, but a waste of my time and money to have all that done and then just ride down the road on a patched tire in 100 degree heat, 80mph, fully loaded, 2 up, and pulling a loaded trailer.

At any rate, its done and I'm home.