IGNORED

Cody Reservations

Black Owl

Figured there was no sense in waiting until the last minute. So, made and got confirmation on reserving a cabin at the Ponderosa Camp Grounds for the 2011 International Rally in Cody WY.

Sure can't beat the price, and they are conveniently located...

Figured there was no sense in waiting until the last minute. So, made and got confirmation on reserving a cabin at the Ponderosa Camp Grounds for the 2011 International Rally in Cody WY.

Sure can't beat the price, and they are conveniently located...

Yeah, right next to the Dairy Queen........:fnd_(16)::rotf::rotf:

It was also last years, party central too.

so is this the announcement that the Ponderosa is the official campground?

For the campers and cabineers, go ahead and make the Ponderosa the 'official campground'.... :) I might add that it's a great place and the cabins are very nice. I can't remember exactely how many cabins they have.... Ok looked it up..7.., and it'd be great to have them all Venture Riders. CABINS For an official International gathering place we really haven't made that decision yet. In '09 we named the Skyline Motor Inn the 'official', but ended up gravitating over to the Cabins. The porches on the cabins made for great 'conversation' areas where groups could gather. I'm a sucker for porch swings....:whistling: and.... I didn't break any....:sign woo hoo:

On the Ponderosa map (2nd page) I see a family campground with 3 teepees next to the river. This appears to be just beyond the cabins and picnic area.

Should we try to snag this entire family campground and 3 teepees.

The price for a Teepee is ony $25/night and sleeps 2. There's a picture of them on the website. http://codyponderosa.com/rates/rates.html

On the Ponderosa map (2nd page) I see a family campground with 3 teepees next to the river. This appears to be just beyond the cabins and picnic area.

Should we try to snag this entire family campground and 3 teepees.

The price for a Teepee is ony $25/night and sleeps 2. There's a picture of them on the website. http://codyponderosa.com/rates/rates.html

Good luck getting up that gravel road hill from the TeePees if it rains.

[ATTACH]49126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49127[/ATTACH]

Hmm. looks like a scenic spot, but looks like it could be fun getting in and out of. You've been there, I take it?

We did the Cody Roundup last September. Great time. We stayed at the Skyline Motel, but lot of the group stayed at the Pondrerosa. Neat Campground. The TeePees looked like a neat idea, but as you can see they are at the bottom of the gorge/canyon/whatever and might be interresting to negotiate that climb and descent on a 800+ lb. dirt bike.

For the campers and cabineers, go ahead and make the Ponderosa the 'official campground'.... :) I might add that it's a great place and the cabins are very nice. I can't remember exactely how many cabins they have.... Ok looked it up..7.., and it'd be great to have them all Venture Riders. CABINS For an official International gathering place we really haven't made that decision yet. In '09 we named the Skyline Motor Inn the 'official', but ended up gravitating over to the Cabins. The porches on the cabins made for great 'conversation' areas where groups could gather. I'm a sucker for porch swings....:whistling: and.... I didn't break any....:sign woo hoo:

Irene and I just reserved a cabin. Gravitate on over. We won't mind.

Im getting a cabin at the KOA but cannot make reservations until April 2011..They are rather expensive if you go with the cottages but I have to have special needs..I know this isnt the Official campground but with Debs problems I had to go with it BUT Ill be all over the place when I get there..REALLY looking forward to this one!!! We will have a couple xtra bunkbeds in there so Im gonna play it by ear so if anyone needs a bed we will probably be able to accommodate.

I received my confirmation for a cabin at the Ponderosa also. It may be available later on if anybody should want it. I basically did it as a backup in case the Comfort Inn does not allow me to use my reward points there. I can't reserve with reward points this early but I've checked them for next month, for example, and they show NO rooms for reward nights.

I just spoke with Kurt this evening. He is in the middle of working with a KOA and possibly another campground there - as well as couple of additional hotels (on top of the Skyline we have already lined up). Many of the places are currently filled up and extremely busy - with folks returning from Sturgis and final visitors trying to beat the snow (it snowed today at 7,000 feet there) - or the owners are on vacation - whatever - so there will be some definitive information / pricing that will get posted up as soon as the final negotiations have been worked out. Just thought I might share the latest news.

I just spoke with Kurt this evening. He is in the middle of working with a KOA and possibly another campground there - as well as couple of additional hotels (on top of the Skyline we have already lined up). Many of the places are currently filled up and extremely busy - with folks returning from Sturgis and final visitors trying to beat the snow (it snowed today at 7,000 feet there) - or the owners are on vacation - whatever - so there will be some definitive information / pricing that will get posted up as soon as the final negotiations have been worked out. Just thought I might share the latest news.

Thanks Victor..I couldnt get KOA to let me get a reservation YET but Glad hes working on it..Maybe he can get er done!