IGNORED

Thumbs UP to Brooks Yamaha

FreezyRider

Just returned from an 8 day ride to and through Colorado with 4 of my buddies....what a wonderful trip!

On the way back to Indiana, one of the guys who rides a Stratoliner experienced a problem with his front tire and needed a new one. We were in Junction City, Kansas when the problem surface and a quick search turned up Brooks Yamaha in Manhattan Kansas as the closest Yamaha dealer. It was very late on Friday evening, so we booked a motel room for the night. Rode over to Brooks early on Saturday in order to be there when they opened at 9 a.m. When John told the parts dept what he needed, he said he didn't know if they could change the tire for him as there is only one mechanic on duty on Saturday. However, when they found out we were travelling and needed to get back on the road they worked him in quickly. It ended up that we were there for 2 hours start to finish....and they didn't "stick it to him" because he was without options. Their price was very fair for the tire and for their services. Get this....their labor charge was only $22, and that included R&R the wheel as well as mounting and balancing the tire.

While the work was being done, the staff was very friendly....treated us like friends and neighbors....talked bikes and riding.

When I compare this dealership to the one I experienced in Clarksville, Tennessee several weeks back, I am amazed at the difference. What a great place to do business.

If you are in the area of Brooks Yamaha, pay them a visit. They seem to be a very good place to do business.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

it is always great to hear when a dealer outshines the general rep that goes around.

our local yammy shop has been a bit friendlier these days and it makes it nicer to shop there. when looking for a part, the parts counter guys have learned I know my bikes micor fish lists and just let me use the computer to find it while they help another customer if they are busy. then i say "found it" and the write up the order. they say i am one of two riders who know what they want much less have part and VIN numbers in hand.

Ok this is way tooooo early for me for this double listing who did what.

I will acknowledge that someone had a good experience at a dealer.

nuff said.

I do have a second cup of coffee in my hand and at the moment, that is very important.

Ya know, I guess it really all boils down to this....

In this world there are people who love to help others when they have a need. There are also a lot of folks who do everything with an eye to taking as much from others as they can before they check out of this world.

Some dealerships are owned, managed, and staffed by the helpers.

Too many are owned, managed and staffed by the takers.

When we find the gems we need to share that with our fellow riders.