IGNORED

battery tender vs. trickler - what's the difference

Guest Painter

I want to purchase a battery charger for my 06 RSV. I want to leave this on all the time so when I pull into the garage I can hook it up to the extensions.

I am not too swift when if comes to the the "electricals" of the bike (I can wire my house...but know nothing about the electricals of a bike). So I don't want to damage the battery.

There are battery tenders and battery tricklers. What do people recommend, why, and what do you have. I'm not sure of the difference.

A very popular product in this area is called Battery Tender. It has 3 versions: Battery Tender Jr; Battery Tender Plus; and Battery Tender Jr. Waterproof.

I have a full battery charger at home, but I want something I can attach to the battery and just leave there and plug in if I don't ride it for a week or 2.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Painter

John,

I have a battery tender jr. and it works great. The biggest thing about it is that it will not over charge your battery as it will cut off when the battery meets a specific charge. A trickle charger will continue to charge all the time and not shut off. The Jr. is a trickle charger but will not over charge the battery....my .02 worth is buy the Jr.

John,

I have a battery tender jr. and it works great. The biggest thing about it is that it will not over charge your battery as it will cut off when the battery meets a specific charge. A trickle charger will continue to charge all the time and not shut off. The Jr. is a trickle charger but will not over charge the battery....my .02 worth is buy the Jr.

Thanks Squid