IGNORED

New Front Tire

hunter 1500

I needed to replace the tire on the front of my RSTD and had done the rear tire about a month ago. I used the Michelin Comander and really like the tire so I ordered the same for the front. Shop just about 200 yards from me ordered one and I made arrangements to have it mounted first thing in the morning so I could go riding afterward.

I got back from running errands and stopped to pick it up and the owner told me the sticker on the tire said it was a front but it turns out it was the back tire. So he called the dist and they didn't have any fronts in the comander. It seems they are coming out with a comander II and have run their stock out and there are none available anywhere.

So the owner ended up ordering a Dunlop elite 3 which is about 30 bucks more but gave it to me for the same price. Mounted it and put the tire back on last night. I hope I like this tire. Headed to WV for a week of riding the roads down there.:big-grin-emoticon:

For what it is worth:

I love the E3s. Just put a new set on yesterday. I got 13,000 out of the original D404s. I replaced the D404s with E3s. Put 19,000 miles on that set. Hope I get that again on this set. Very responsive tire.

The front Michelin Commander stock size 150/80-16 has been on national back order for almost a month. I finally tracked some down in eastern KY.

They must have been sitting on some (6), the guy did not know about the outage.

Sorry I told him before we talked about price compare (he would if the other guy had stock, duhh me).

Anyhow if you want that specific tire, check ridedirect.com. or 866-574-1939.

It was $130.95 delivered, a little high but a bird in hand. If your order is over $200 free frt.

Mine should be here Wed or Thur. I will post if there is any problem.

(I have not bought from them before. Small tire shop in the hills of eastern KY. But on the Internet.)

Thanks, I didn't know they were changing the model line.

Mike G in SC