IGNORED

What to see in canada

nyjerry

Finally got are enhanced license, so we are going to Alexandria bay for the weekend. We would like any help on stuff to see or do on the Canadian side of the boarder. Also how is the 401 to ride on ( lots of traffic ) compared to RT2.

Thanks Nyjerry

What part of Canada do u want to visit?

we are a bigger country than the US. If youre just jumping the border into Ontario theres lots to see from Niagara Falls, to SeaWorld to a Blue Jays game .

if you want to go a bit farther, try Montreal in Quebec, it is a great city in summer, with lots to see and do there that feels so European because of the French speaking population.

You will need a passport to get back into the US. once youre here youre country wants to make sure everyone needs a darn passprt.

Brian

Come on up. Ottawa is a nice place to visit. The 401 is very busy and fast. I would recommend up north like Northbay, Sudbury, Timmins if you are ready for some driving. But the country is beautiful. I would recomend the secondary roads just to see the sights a bit slower. Anyway its all good on a bike!!!! If you make it up to Ottawa I can arrange for very nice and affordable accommodations with meals included.

I looked up Alexandria Bay and I see you will be NE of I-81.

See Google Maps http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=&q=Alexandria+bay&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGLL_enCA383CA383&ie=UTF-8

Take the I-81 North into Canada and jump onto 1000 Islands Parkway. Go East and go slowly so you can enjoy the fresh air and refreshing views.

Once you go as far as you can on the Parkway, (Butternut Bay) you need to jump onto the 401 for a small piece before you can hook-up with Hwy #2. This highway is a Canadian original "Ontario King's Highway" the main thoroughfare before the 401.

This is great country and once you start to hit towns along the way you won't help but start to have the kind of time that fond memories are made of.

Enjoy your visit. I wish I could join you.

Thomas

If its just a weekend trip, Picton(Lake on the Mountain) is a beautiful spot ... Less than 1 hr from Kingston

or Head north to Ottawa. (about 2 hr.)

Gananoque is just w. of where the international bridge comes across.

Let me know when you are coming....I'll be happy to show you some nice twisties and nice scenery between Sharbot Lake and Westport!

Westport is a great little tourist town 40 min north of Kingston

If you come up the weekend of August 7 there is a HUGE ride (Ride for Dad 10th Anniversary Ride) from Ottawa to Kingston...expecting 2000 bikes! Thru Perth and Sharbot Lake

here is a link to the National Ride for Dad Website , with the Kinston and Ontario map and info. The Ride for Dad is doing a Canadian Coast to Coast Ride to raise funds for Prostate Cancer, stopping in cities inviting riders to join in wherever they can to raise funds and awareness. A cool idea to do a National Ride!!

http://www.ridefordadanniversary.org/en/route_ottawavalleystage.asp

Brian

the dates are not good on are end. We are going up this weekend.

sorry guys....my bad....I thought it was on the weekend....but the web site says it would be mid week.

Still....lots to do and see within just a few hours of Alexandria Bay!

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to ride head towards Bancroft, over to Dorset, to Algonquin park. Beautiful roads you will love them.

The enhanced drivers license will get you home. Just as good as a passport

Brad

Do a slow drive-by of BradT's home....there's a crazy woman who lives there and there is no admission price for the Show.

Boomer.....who sez don't blame me....the pygmies typed that.....:whistling:

You better watch it Boomer, she's gona put a knot on your head next time she sees ya.:rotf: