IGNORED

Initial impressions of a HD Street Glide

bj66

a few of my buddies and I decided to help out another friend and change out his pipes on his street glide for him. We had to ride it over to my buddies garage about 6 miles away. So naturally i got to ride it to the garage to be worked on. Since I havent ever ridden a HD of any kind, here are my first impressions. Bike seems smallish compared to my tour deluxe. I love the narrower tank. I also like the fit and finish. His bike seems to idle a little high, Vibration at idle was there of course, but it didnt really bother me. I really liked the fairing, not used to the hand controls on bars, but of course wouldnt take long. I seemed to feel a little scrunched up in the seat. My feet didnt feel quite as far forward. I like the bar positioning. Feels like the bars come back toward me a little more. The seat rest and pegs are set for a guy 5' 9" and i'm almost 6' 1" so that explains the scrunched in feel. Over all i like the bike. Its a bone stock 96 inch motor, not terribly quick by any means but ok. When I pulled into the garage shut off the bike and sat on it till we got a lift under it. Right away I couldnt believe the amount of HEAT coming from the motor. That i did not like. Would I change to a glide, maybe, but in no hurry.

Vibration didnt bother me at all. THere is quite a bit when idling, but when you get rolling it seems to smooth out. It cruises along quite nicely as a matter of fact. It seems more nimble of course. But it should, it is quite a bit lighter. I am 6' 1" and 250 pounds, and notice there isnt nearly as much room as the deluxe has though. But with the weight difference, it doesnt surprise me. The deluxe and the glide are like comparing apples to oranges. 2 totally different animals. I like it though