IGNORED

receiver for 2007 Midnight Venture

Don't want to pull a trailer(yet) but would love to place a larger cooler, in the center and lower on my bike as they can be heavy, not to mention leaky," oh well I guess I did mention that huh?".

Question(s) is,

Where is the best place to buy a receiver and/or does anyone want to get rid of theirs?:think:

Do they come with wiring for turn signal, hazard, stop and "Backup" lights? :crackup:

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.venturedad.com/RSV%20hitch.htm

Venturedad is a member here. wont be disappointed in his work!!

wiring does not come with the hitch Wallie World or Auto parts store

I was just poking around the web seeing what's available in trailer hitches for the RSV. When I went to the VentureDad site off Google it's no longer there. Then if found this post via board search and it's no different when I tried the link.... What gives???

I was just poking around the web seeing what's available in trailer hitches for the RSV. When I went to the VentureDad site off Google it's no longer there. Then if found this post via board search and it's no different when I tried the link.... What gives???

That's odd?

I checked before posting and found his site even made a copy and pasted it here.

his site showed his bike and hitch set up and how to pay for it like its been for years I just checked both ways Goggle & Yahoo he is listed on the search but pull his site up and get some other venturedad.com crap? :think:

I have a used Mark R hitch which is listed in the Classifieds.Came off 06 rsv that is being triked the 1st of Sept. Priced at $100 and free shipping.

Since the hitch wasn't a VentureDad as first reported, I'd still like a few pics Terry. Sent you an Email request as I'm not familiar with the Mark R Hitch. :confused07: Aha!! I just found it. It an R Mark Hitch. Looks good, I'll email you.

• 3 weeks later...
Perfect fit, beautiful workmanship! Worth every penny.

Only thing is the square stock is made of 1/16 steel that worries me a little but I guess he knows what he's doing. He certainly gets enough compliments!

The used? one I picked up off Terry was built the same way. I suspect it might be a VentureDad. I figured I'd rather have it light to save weight, and since I'm not going to be pulling tree stumps with it??.... I did have a solid bar stock stinger that I tried to fit in there but it wouldn't go.... and the thing weighed more than the entire hitch... It's back on the shelf..

Perfect fit, beautiful workmanship! Worth every penny.

Only thing is the square stock is made of 1/16 steel that worries me a little but I guess he knows what he's doing. He certainly gets enough compliments!:301:

Remember this is for a motorcycle not a Pick-up truck unless your planning on pulling more than 1,000 lbs? you won't need that extra grade square stock . No problem pulling my trailer empty 135 lbs or fully loaded around 450 lbs or if Peg has her way 650 lbs LOL

Excellent workmanship and no come backs need I say more !!!