IGNORED

Ok what so advanced on HD

footsie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metric's could care less and they don't listen to their customers. Well maybe they do....when it will no longer sell then they figure its time to redesign the wheel.

I don't necessarilly agree with that statement. I haven't read this entire thread....yet, so don't know what's been said; however, IMHO the metrics put a lot of research into developing "what their customers want". The problem is, their "money market" is not in big highways cruisers like the RSV, nor is it in many of their "cruiser" line. They focus on their ATV and PWC and Sport Bike markets. That is where they make the big bucks.

:witch_brew: :witch_brew:

This is just my opinion.

i don't think anyone will ever corner the touring crowd like the wing has. the wing sets the standard for touring bikes bar none. it combines a sport tourer with the ultmate in luxury. honda has an all new wing in the wings getting ready for it's debut. rumors are it will be a 2000cc 6 speed with cyls. that cut out at cruising speed. might be an optional automatic tranny. it is going to be so far advanced that they built a new plant in japan to build it in. i still maintain yamaha will have a new venture based on the new max engine detuned with an aluminum frame. they will be hard pressed to take away the wing market. reason being honda r&d will never let it happen. honda has developed so much high tech stuff in engine and frame technology it is unbelievable, they have a new bike that they put on the market just to test there new automatic, it has a phenominal price tag and did'nt go over big. they don't care. it was strictly to test the transmission. alot of folks complain about the wing leg position including me. when you think about it that seating position has been around since the invent of the motorcycle. most of the bikes i have owned had that footpeg location. i like the floorboards better but i do notice when my legs are forward there is more weight on my rear. and my butt gets sore faster. if it weren't for my bad legs the leg position would be fine. i have had an awful lot of bikes and i have never had one that will compare to my wing for comfort, power, superb handliing, quality and finish, and reliability. if it was the only bike i had it probably would'nt stay around long, cuz i still get the urge for the v-twin feel, rumble, and look. luckily, i have several choices and that makes motorcycling a perfect world for me. :2133:

i don't think anyone will ever corner the touring crowd like the wing has. the wing sets the standard for touring bikes bar none. it combines a sport tourer with the ultmate in luxury. honda has an all new wing in the wings getting ready for it's debut. rumors are it will be a 2000cc 6 speed with cyls. that cut out at cruising speed. might be an optional automatic tranny. it is going to be so far advanced that they built a new plant in japan to build it in. i still maintain yamaha will have a new venture based on the new max engine detuned with an aluminum frame. they will be hard pressed to take away the wing market. reason being honda r&d will never let it happen. honda has developed so much high tech stuff in engine and frame technology it is unbelievable, they have a new bike that they put on the market just to test there new automatic, it has a phenominal price tag and did'nt go over big. they don't care. it was strictly to test the transmission. alot of folks complain about the wing leg position including me. when you think about it that seating position has been around since the invent of the motorcycle. most of the bikes i have owned had that footpeg location. i like the floorboards better but i do notice when my legs are forward there is more weight on my rear. and my butt gets sore faster. if it weren't for my bad legs the leg position would be fine. i have had an awful lot of bikes and i have never had one that will compare to my wing for comfort, power, superb handliing, quality and finish, and reliability. if it was the only bike i had it probably would'nt stay around long, cuz i still get the urge for the v-twin feel, rumble, and look. luckily, i have several choices and that makes motorcycling a perfect world for me. :2133:

I both agree and disagree, Honda is a great company that does tons of research, and tries to stay on the cutting edge, but their products are not that much better than others, and their price is often no better than anyone else when you factor in did you get what you need and want for the money. And historically in the US, any product not just motorcycles, whoever has the best marketing sells the most, not the company with the best product. To prove my point look up the sales of Trane and American Standard air conditioning units. Trane has better marketing and sells a lot more. Trane is a sub-division of American Standard and they are the same units.

When I bought my RSV money for one bike was not an issue, I could have afforded any one of the full dress bikes I wanted. It was a very, very, very, very, tough decision for me and I test rode bikes and debated two years. When it came down to what I liked the most, I couldn't decide. The RSV was most comfortable, the Goldwing best handling at speed, the Beemer almost as comfortable as the RSV and quieter, better stereo, great unique looks. They all seemed great on the freeway. They all had the amenities I needed to run two up.

Had they all been the exact same price with the exact same warranty, and the same # of dealers for convenience and service I would probably still be trying to decide. In the final decision I eliminated the BMW because of the limited # of dealerships and not having one closer than 60 miles to me. I eliminated the Goldwing because I didn't care for how felt in stop and go traffic, and lack of 5 year warranty.

Even now, after having put $3000 in accessories to make my RSV fit me even better than it did, when ever I am in the cage and see a Goldwing or 1200LT I go OOOHHHH!.. And now with the new 09 longer and more comfortable frame, even though I don't care for air cooled engines, when I see a new HD Ultra I go OOOHHHH!

If I won the lottery I would probably have 4 full dress touring bikes in my garage, just to suit my mood when I wanted to ride.

Edited by hig4s

actually i think we are all getting to be real softies. when i started riding a triumph bonneville with a windshield and leather bags was the ultimate luxury tourer. i took several trips on my cb 750 with a wind jammer fairing and that was the ultimate tourer in the early 70's. then i bought a new 1975 wing and there was nothing out there to compare. i was just to young for a bike that smooth and quiet so i got rid of it and started messing with harleys. the wing is rated the no. 1 touring bike 10 years standing by several of the major bike mags, and probably the no.1 seller. it does it all pretty close to perfect. not bad for a bike thats been around for ten years with very few changes. it does'nt really need 2000cc's and a six speed. mine gets 44 mpg solo, two up, no matter how i ride it. and it has balls out power from idle to 5500 rpm. it has rock solid sport bike like handling, who needs a 5 year warranty it is almost unbreakable. agreed if most of the riding you do is around town then a wing is not the the bike to buy nor is the venture.

Guest human4m

Ladies... Gentlemen... With everything that has gone on lately, I can't even afford an oil change on a Royal Star, even if I bought the materials myself. Gotta love babies...

Anyhow, Just enjoy what you have, agree to disagree, understand that opionions ARE OPINIONS and everyone doesn't agree with yours.

Reviews are biased, and so are purchases. Be glad for what you have and what you can afford, because there are guys like me that had to sell their scoots, and it'll be at least 18 years before I can afford another one, whether it's a used RSV or a brand new Electra Glide.

Love whatever bike you want, but ride what you've got.

Get out, ride, be safe, and wave to your 2 & 3 wheeled-brethren regardless of the badge on their scoot, because there will always be someone who is sittin gin their car watching you go by, missing their bike for one reason or another.

Ladies... Gentlemen... With everything that has gone on lately, I can't even afford an oil change on a Royal Star, even if I bought the materials myself. Gotta love babies...

Anyhow, Just enjoy what you have, agree to disagree, understand that opionions ARE OPINIONS and everyone doesn't agree with yours.

Reviews are biased, and so are purchases. Be glad for what you have and what you can afford, because there are guys like me that had to sell their scoots, and it'll be at least 18 years before I can afford another one, whether it's a used RSV or a brand new Electra Glide.

Love whatever bike you want, but ride what you've got.

Get out, ride, be safe, and wave to your 2 & 3 wheeled-brethren regardless of the badge on their scoot, because there will always be someone who is sittin gin their car watching you go by, missing their bike for one reason or another.

i think most everyone enjoys what they ride. this ain't no arguement about putting bikes down, it's just a good discussion to get some of the specs, info and riding impressions out there. i like to hear opinions from others, it often helps when your in the market for a new ride.

3rd Gen Venture.

http://www.bikerzbay.com/images/stories/YAMAHA_IMG/YAMAHA_2010/Yamaha_Stratoliner_Deluxe_2010a.jpg

Put the trunk on it, taller shield, a little fatter tank, a set of crash bars with removable lower fairings and TADA!!! 3rd Gen Venture.

I'd almost bet money on it.

NO THANKS! If I wanted a overdress Stratoliner I would buy a Stratoliner and dress it myself. :doh: