IGNORED

Monty

Hummingbird

You bet, I've worked on 1st gens and 2nd gens, Darrin only works on 1st gens...he finally got his running last weekend, wondered if he was going to drive his motorhome on the rides.......:stickpoke:

Looks like to me and some others you need to work on that 2nd gen, it took a good spanking from a 1st gen last week.:moon::moon::moon:

Well, I still don't have it mounted but I did pick it up and look at it AGAIN. I just hate to try to act like a mechanic on the weekend, maybe tomorrow ? :smile5:

Ok, I know I'm slow, but what have I missed? What is "it" ??? :confused24:

Wolo air horn.......simple install....even a "caveman" could do it.:stickpoke::stirthepot:

OK - now you gone and done it

I'm going out right now and change it. I called rent center and I can get a 3/4" drive ratchet set this afternoon. that should be all I need to get it done. They also said they would let use their torque wrench free.

btw - what is the touque setting for the horn bolts, there's 3 of them right ??

Why a 3/4? You should be able to do it with a 3/8, or even a 1/4 inch set. You wanna tighten them, not kill them.

Torque setting....usually, one grunt will do for those. Only two bolts that I remember. One on each end of the horn bracket.

Ok - I had all I needed to do it. found my 1/4" metric set and got the soldering gun out. Seems I always make a simple job difficult but I got nothing else to do.

When I took the seat off I noticed I already had 2 drops hooked to the battery and the horn would have made 3 - I didn't like the thought of all that so I made a splitter, still have only 2 taps on the battery but I have 3 power draws and 1 spare for the next addition.

picture attached - I used bullet connecters for the taps and the spare is ready - hope it makes sense

btw - the horn is LOUD !!

Ok - I had all I needed to do it. found my 1/4" metric set and got the soldering gun out. Seems I always make a simple job difficult but I got nothing else to do.

When I took the seat off I noticed I already had 2 drops hooked to the battery and the horn would have made 3 - I didn't like the thought of all that so I made a splitter, still have only 2 taps on the battery but I have 3 power draws and 1 spare for the next addition.

picture attached - I used bullet connecters for the taps and the spare is ready - hope it makes sense

btw - the horn is LOUD !!

EeeeeWWWW Explosion in a wire factory!!!:yikes::yikes::yikes:

:stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::smile5:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Horn:icon_smile_question:icon_smile_question:icon_smile_question

EeeeeWWWW Explosion in a wire factory!!!:yikes::yikes::yikes:

:stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::smile5:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Horn:icon_smile_question:icon_smile_question:icon_smile_question

yeah - kinda looks like it but I just don't like a bunch of eyelets on the battery terminal. all that wire tucked away after the pic and now I have a spare with only 2 eyelets on the battery.

:happy34:

Looks like to me and some others you need to work on that 2nd gen, it took a good spanking from a 1st gen last week.:moon::moon::moon:

I just took it easy on ya as I know you're riding an antique and I don't want you to tear it up and lose any value.......:fiddle::stickpoke:

So how long did it take you?

actually, the "5 minute job" took about an hour because as usual I read the instruction last. I hooked the horn up, bolted the ground and was all set.

EXCEPT - I hadn't taken the seat off yet, I DIDN"T fish the harness down thru the frame yet so I got to take it all apart and start over. No big deal tho - it was only 95 or so in the garage :scorched: and I was already too far into it to get a fan for a little draft.

That's when I decided to make a splitter for the power, had it not been for that, it most likely would have been a 10 minute job. But it did come out OK and it's loud !!