IGNORED

OOPS Broken Schrader Valve on Fork

OOPS I am in trouble now :yikes: While installing my rake for the Trike I broke off an air schrader valve on the top of a fork.:mad::mad: I really don't think there was any air in it/them, but that isn't the problem. The problem is where to find just the schrader valve. Does anyone have one that is in their tool box that some how came up as a spar,,, :confused24: In short HELP !!!!

I know Dumb Ass Move?!! but if you knew the hassle I have had with this triple tree you would understand. Mill work, and fit of this new design sucks.

You should be able to use any tire valve stem valve.

Larry

OOPs, I think you need the entire valve assembly. Yamaha lists it as a air valve - part # SKU: 4V1-23184-L0-00

CAP, AIR VALVE 1 $2.93

BTW what rake tree company did you use ?

Edited by Carbon_One

Yamaha dealership should be able to order you one. I found it on the internet for as low as $45 and as high as $67

It is listed as a "Bolt,Cap"

Part number 4XY-23111-00-00

Page E7, reference #5 in the parts listing.

You probally will want to buy the O-Ring too.

Part number 4NK-23147-00-00

Page E7, reference #6 in the parts listing.

I have called a Stealer and it is 77 bucks for the top cap,,, 48 on the net + shipping 15,,,:yikes: Don't need the top cap, and changing it with the tree top on is out of the question, and imposable at this point, not to mention the miserable hassle it is to get this top off. Pinwall isn't any help either,,,:confused24: If I could find a trashed front somewhere remotely close I could be in good shape if I could get the valve.

Please provide a photo of your broken part.

We might be able to figure out a "fix" for it.

That I can do :happy34: When I get back home aka shop... I even thought of just plugging it,, :confused24: don't know if there was any air in them, and cant tell now thats for sure,,,:confused:

You should be able to use any tire valve stem valve.

Larry

OOPs, I think you need the entire valve assembly. Yamaha lists it as a air valve - part # SKU: 4V1-23184-L0-00

CAP, AIR VALVE 1 $2.93

BTW what rake tree company did you use ?

Thanks Larry.

With any luck Scotty as one I sent him a PM. The Tree is one from Hannigan, and I am not sure who is making them for them I think it is Max at Traxxion, or they were, and the design changed,,,:confused24::mad: I have put on 11 or 12 in the past year, and this one fought me to every turn, and of course it is on mine which is good in a way but really frustrating. The stem is about 1/16 too long too and I popped off the top of the top 27 mm Acorn nut :puzzled: The cinch bolts on top are also too long, which meant that I had to cut off 1/4 inch or the faring mount frame bolts on the top bolts, not to mention the mill work on the center hole, and press work for the bushings, now that was an adventure in itself. The closest place that had a press that would do it is a 140 mile round trip :mad::bang head: I broke a hand press trying to get the bushings out at a local garage ( don't know what that is going to cost me yet ) To say I am a little unhappy with this new design tree would be a complete understatement. I have let them know too.... I feel like Gilligan; a simple 4 hour tree replacement has turned into a life time adventure, but I didn't have the Professor, and Mary Ann to help out. :)

I removed the air caps off my bike. I think I still have them. If you want them they are yours. PM if you want them

scotty

Scotty

You still around :confused24: I sent you a PM and left a voice message. I still need a valve or a plug.... ( and time to work on it without breaking something :o )