IGNORED

Beads or sheepskin?

bj66

went to wallyworld and bought some beads..... for those who have done the same can you tell me the best way to reshape them to fit the seat (07 RSTD)...i.e. how and where to cut the nylon line(s). i suspect some re-tying of the nylon is called for ?!

i cut mine a few rows back from where i needed to have them, then pulled off the ones i didnt need leaving some longer strands to tie off. I didnt get it perfect either, but it was close. It didnt matter, I took em off after 20 miles. I couldnt quite get comfy. I went back and bought the gel seat pad. Now That I Like...... Hope this helps.

Blonde Bear just called and told me my beads arrived from Bead Rider today so I'll put em on when I get home tonight or tomorrow am (I work second shift) and see if I can get a pic or two posted and a review after some riding.

:cool10:

i cut mine a few rows back from where i needed to have them, then pulled off the ones i didnt need leaving some longer strands to tie off. I didnt get it perfect either, but it was close. It didnt matter, I took em off after 20 miles. I couldnt quite get comfy. I went back and bought the gel seat pad. Now That I Like...... Hope this helps.

thanks bj66, that is what i thought as well but wanted to hear other ideas. hope i get more than 20 miles on mine but if not i'm only out $10.00.

Well, you didn't ask for other options, but I'll give you one. I have beads and sheepskin both. Either one will give a bit more comfort for me, but only temporary. What I found to be the all-day comfort solution is the gel pad that WalMart sells. It is only $20 and keeps me comfy all day long. Most WM supercenters have these in the automotive section, usually near the seat beads. Look for Ultimate Comfort or Ultimate Relaxation.....can't remember for sure which is right. These have a "waffle" type get encased in a vented fabric cover. The bottom side is an anti-slip material. It stays put on the seat even when you move.

I recommended this to a couple of my buddies and they also bought them and are thrilled. One of those guys who has fought monkey-butt for years told me "This pad is amazing!"

If you can find them, give them a try. You won't be out much money and I'd bet you'll throw away any other pad you might have.

Joe

People over on the Gl1800riders forum are saying that you can find the Walmart gelpad at Big Lots for 10 bucks so if you live close to Big Lots you might check it out. I bought one last week and rode 1,000 miles and it works great.