IGNORED

wheres all the wingers?

come on guys ,i know your out there. don was nice enough to give us a forum, so lets make the best of it. if you have any tech tips or anything else of interest for the wingers put it on here. wingers are usually old farts and need all the help we can get. :sign29: :depressed:

Bill,Im going to Russellville to pick mine up on Tuesday AM..Maybe then I can start posting a little..Will put up pictures when I get the bike home..Level 3,ALOT of accessories. Its Metallic Black..If anyone near Russellville AR Tuesday AM Ill be there getting it..No one to drive me up there so I have to trailer it home...scared to fly..Let the ribbing begin!

Just got back today from 8 straight days in the saddle on my new-to-me 2003. Half way through the week I came up with a name for her. I'm calling her "Red Missy". That's short for Redheaded Mistress, which is how I view her now. Wow, what a bike! All of the intricacies slowly became apparent throughout the week and I have fallen in love with this machine!

Now for the Techie stuff so this will qualify to be posted here:

While in Tennessee yesterday I picked up a piece of steel in my rear tire and had to get a new one. This happened 35 miles away from the nearest dealer where I could get a tire. I had to remove the rear wheel and take it to the dealer. I had seen a video of how to do it by laying the bike over on its side, and this was the only real option available to me on the side of the road. Let me tell you, it WORKS beautifully. It is such an easy way to remove and replace the wheel that I will never do it any other way. Highly recommended.

I'll be on here. I leave July 4th for Nashville to pick up my 02 Goldwing Trike. I'm riding my RSV to Nashville where the guy who bought my Venture will pick it up. He's from

Alabama. Then I'll head back to Iowa on my new trike. I'm a bit nervous as I've never really ridden a trike before but I'll take my time home. Maybe I'll ride through Arkansas and Missouri just for the fun of it! Anyone coming to Wing Ding in Des Moines this week?

I just put a new tire on my baby on Friday. 17000 on the rear. I ride the Bridgestones. Getting ready for a trip to the Smokies with the boss and another couple. Are annual ride. Heading out on July 7 - July 11. Should be a blast. Except for the 1st and last days of 750 miles each.

Later.

Wingers are too busy riding to be posting!

I rode in the 90 mi to work today so that's why I'm posting now.

I installed a set of MBL risers on the Hbars friday and got to try them out this morning.

They bring the bars back and up about 2 inches. I think I'm gonna like em!:cool10:

I just put a new tire on my baby on Friday. 17000 on the rear. I ride the Bridgestones. Getting ready for a trip to the Smokies with the boss and another couple. Are annual ride. Heading out on July 7 - July 11. Should be a blast. Except for the 1st and last days of 750 miles each.

Later.

i have my second dunlop on the rear. they aren't worth two hoots. i got a bargain on ebay new trike take off. needed an extra wheel so i could'nt pass it up. i'm running an avon venom on the front. the dunlops howl and slicker than snot in the rain. had my wing sideways twice. once in a slight drizzle and once on black ice. :depressed:

Bill,Im going to Russellville to pick mine up on Tuesday AM..Maybe then I can start posting a little..Will put up pictures when I get the bike home..Level 3,ALOT of accessories. Its Metallic Black..If anyone near Russellville AR Tuesday AM Ill be there getting it..No one to drive me up there so I have to trailer it home...scared to fly..Let the ribbing begin!
hey tom, i'm as excited about your new wing as you are. tell jonathan down at russleville honda i said hello. i would'nt fly either, when i picked mine up. it was the 850 mile trip from hell going and coming with my trailer. did it in one day. i know your excited. you will enjoy it. :clap2::clap2::2133: ps. double check your paper work. they put my address down wrong on the certificate of origin had everything right except they had my home state as ar.. could'nt get a title for a month. hell of a time getting it straightened out. read all the paper work twice. other wise great bunch down there.

...if you have any tech tips or anything else of interest for the wingers put it on here. ...

Tech Tip #1: Line up the edges and push firmly in the center to ensure that much of the excess air is pressed out and to form a good seal around the edges of the container. This will help keep the freshness.

:stirthepot::duck:

Tech Tip #1: Line up the edges and push firmly in the center to ensure that much of the excess air is pressed out and to form a good seal around the edges of the container. This will help keep the freshness.

:stirthepot::duck:

that works great. my seat smells much better. :rasberry:

I saw a new winger (Tom and his wife ) this morning in Russellville Ar. he has a real nice bike, but it will take a lot of his time to keep all that chrome polished and check all the lights.

Raymond,We made it back at midnight..TIRED,790 miles today..Bike is GREAT!! Was good to see you again and we WILL be coming back to Arkansas soon.. Thanks for coming by the dealer there,enjoyed our visit while they were still customizing! Tom

glad you got your new wing, and got to see raymond to boot. give us more details. we will help you spend your money on goodies. lots of them out there. www.directlineparts.com. has a july the 4th sale going on. they own the wing site. :2133:

What Colesgranpa said....I dont think there is anything left I can buy for it....Willget pics up in a bit..

What Colesgranpa said....I dont think there is anything left I can buy for it....Willget pics up in a bit..

Hey Tom, congrats. Saw your pics, looks sweet. Hope you are happier with those sharkfin grills than I am. I should have listened to the GW forums and not got them. They shoot the engine heat right at you. Feel like I'm in an easy bake oven :rotf: Thought about the baker air wings but to me they are just ugly. Anyway good luck and ride safe.