IGNORED

Idle Question...simple?

My bike fires up every time (rarely any clutch) and idles right away at 1,000 RPM, when cold. As it warms up the idle will slowly go up to 1,500 where it will then idle there. It is obviously too fast and downshifting doesn't seem to slow the bike down enough.

My question is will a carb tune clear this issue up or am I looking at a bigger problem?

If I recall I set the idle before doing the tune, so should I set it when the bike is fully warmed up, then do the tune and then set the idle again?

Thanks for any input.

My bike fires up every time (rarely any clutch) and idles right away at 1,000 RPM, when cold. As it warms up the idle will slowly go up to 1,500 where it will then idle there. It is obviously too fast and downshifting doesn't seem to slow the bike down enough.

My question is will a carb tune clear this issue up or am I looking at a bigger problem?

If I recall I set the idle before doing the tune, so should I set it when the bike is fully warmed up, then do the tune and then set the idle again?

Thanks for any input.

Warm it up good reset the idle.

then do the tune and then set the idle again?

Thanks for any input.

Yes....... The sync will sometimes affect the idle...