IGNORED

Motorcycle Lighting

juggler

I am about to buy a Back-off brake light modulator and discovered that Signal Dynamics makes a large number of lighting controllers.

http://www.signaldynamics.com/lighting_control.htm

I found a few things to note:

1. There are two version of the Back-off modulator. Only the XP version is made to work with Incandescent Lighting, LED Lighting or a combo of both! (MikealiasMike - this may be why your LED trailer lighting wasn't working so well when we installed the non-XP back-Off module on your bike.)
  2. The have a module to help with fast flashing LED lights.
  3. For those that want to get real fancy they have Wig-Wag module and a self-canceling turn signal module for those that do not have this feature.

I was surprised to see just how many options they offer for improving motorcycle lighting.

:usa::biker::checkeredflag:

I am about to buy a Back-off brake light modulator and discovered that Signal Dynamics makes a large number of lighting controllers.

http://www.signaldynamics.com/lighting_control.htm

I found a few things to note:

1. There are two version of the Back-off modulator. Only the XP version is made to work with Incandescent Lighting, LED Lighting or a combo of both! (MikealiasMike - this may be why your LED trailer lighting wasn't working so well when we installed the non-XP back-Off module on your bike.)
  2. The have a module to help with fast flashing LED lights.
  3. For those that want to get real fancy they have Wig-Wag module and a self-canceling turn signal module for those that do not have this feature.

I was surprised to see just how many options they offer for improving motorcycle lighting.

:usa::biker::checkeredflag:

Yup, I have installed the XP unit on a few bikes, since it came out. I like the optional hazard warning light function, that can be hooked up on a bike without 4 ways. I hooked that up that function on a neighbors Honda CM450 & a Yamaha 750 Maxim & it works great. I have had to answer questions, time to time about the unit, when other riders had asked.

I had a Back-off brake light modulator (from Signal Dynamics).

Doing a walk around one day, I noticed my brake lights weren't working. I had signal going into the modulator, but not out. I cut the modulator out, respliced the wires and all was well.

I don't say this to bad mouth SignalDynamics. It think they are a quality company with good products. I'm just saying that this is something else to fail. In my case the failure caused me to have no brake lights at all. I may put one back on someday, but I realize I often climb into the saddle without checking the brake lights. It scares me to think about how long I may have driven without them. Sure, the stock lighting system can fail, but it is one less component to worry about.