IGNORED

im shell shocked

oldgoat

well went up to the shop today where my bike has been for a week

to get brakes fixed

i put $300 down as thats the shops starting policy on old bikes

went in to look over the parts that he pulled off i like that he calls before doing any work

and he then showed me how close i was at death!!!

i bought used rotors from pinwall off of ebay

front ones he said are great

rear one had a crack in it hairline hard to see??

so we must replace that -------- cost $130 new

caliper pistons are scored and needs a rebuild kit cost $90 bucks new

all new hose cost $40 new and rubber?? for rear sorry dingy if you see this yours was getting to the point of going poof?

he saw the welded res and said lets replace it someone messed up the top of it so it wasent sealing right. cost$45 new.

so after going through it all and new yamaha parts plus labor cost will be over $800 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im at a loss at what to do???

its sitting with all the rear stuff off.

to fix this means no MD at dons and i so wanted to go. so all i can say is sorry guys

and gals i wont see ya this year:crying:

Better to have your scoot set up right for safe riding rather than risk a tragedy out on the road!

I know how you feel about missing Don's MD....I missed the last 3 years....and this year is not looking too good either due to crap which is totally beyond my control at this point in time....and I'm not referring to my scoot either.:crying:

Boomer.....who's ready to turn life's lemons into lemonaide,add vodka,and throw a howling drunk party for me and them crazy pygmies.:Laugh:

At least now you know the bike will STOP when you say so for a long time to come!

A much better feeling than OH OH!

Yep.....the fewer of those moments we have on the road the better we are!:thumbsup2:

Boomer....who sez changing yer underwear on the side of the road in a patch of poison Ivy is NOT a priceless moment....and made even worse when ya gotta bunch of pygmies laffin their butts off at ya.:mad:

Better to have your scoot set up right for safe riding rather than risk a tragedy out on the road!

I know how you feel about missing Don's MD....I missed the last 3 years....and this year is not looking too good either due to crap which is totally beyond my control at this point in time....and I'm not referring to my scoot either.:crying:

Boomer.....who's ready to turn life's lemons into lemonaide,add vodka,and throw a howling drunk party for me and them crazy pygmies.:Laugh:

Boomer, you gotsta show up. I already packed yer tent!:bang head:

Boomer, you gotsta show up. I already packed yer tent!:bang head:

I'm really trying Monty....the details involved are just tearing me up....and that is no joke my friend. Final decision has not been made yet.....

Boomer.....who sez life is not so much fun when the heart is heavy.

well your all right better to be safe then sorry.

dianne paid the first 600 on it and im going to pay the rest.

then a thought came to me i dont get thoes to offten. i have the maxim i got free and with the new tires battery and stuff i must have about 500 in her. well the neighbor kid has been wanting it bad. i said ok its worth $1500. low miles paint and bike looks like new could easy get more i think? well his bank called me as well as his boss?? the bank said they will give him the loan on it whoo hooo:dancefool: and his boss will take the payments out of his check. bike will be gone after 5 pm tonight. and im now going to MD

also since im going in the cage. anyone in the illinois are heading that way or wants to go and split gas let me know. now to see where to stay? dianne only let me take 500 for this trip. other grand is for maybe future repairs on the venture??

shes not my girlfriend but has my best intrest at heart. and a garage to put the scoot in this winter big enough to putter around in. as i will be removing body parts for repairs.

im heading out of illinois at 4 am friday so if any one is interested in my offer let me know? and im going to bring the mityvac brake bleeder tool. any one needs to use it feel free to ask.

dianne only let me take 500 for this trip. other grand is for maybe future repairs on the venture??

shes not my girlfriend but has my best intrest at heart. and a garage to put the scoot in this winter big enough to putter around in

Ok, if she is not your girlfriend and has all this stuff for you, what is she? Could this be another partner saga like what we were reading earlier from lilbeaver until he skipped town and left us hanging?

RandyA