IGNORED

getting miss narrowed down

I've got my low speed miss narrowed down to this; idles good, slowly take the throttle up and miss gets real noticeable at about 2000 rpm and at 2500 [by the tach] it clears right up and is gone. By pulling plug wires one at a time and grounding an old plug in the wire I found that cyls.. #1 and #3 both lost spark at 2000 and came back at 2500. Any ideas on this?

The pickup coils have a connector just behind the driver's left leg near the upper part of the frame vertical support... clean the connectors, male and female, also insure that the female isn't too "open" and sloppy fit. The wires then go into the wiring harness and end up at the TCI... clean the connectors. The output of the TCI goes to the coils so insure that connector's pins are clean as well.

Each coil has a two piin connector about 5 inches from each coil... check the pins!

I would also back off the high tension wire at the affected coils and check the end of the wire for green corrosion... if found, clip 1/4" off the end and reattach!' Now it's about time to disassemble the plug holder. The high tension wire screws into the plug holder (check end of wire for "green"). inside the plug holder body is a slotted screw, followed by a resistor, a "tiny" flat washer and a spring... clean all parts!

After all that, why not throw in 4 new plugs!