IGNORED

Second Gear Parts question

After owning my 83 VR for year I'm finally getting round to fixing a few of the niggles including the second gear (currently in the process of removing the engine - gratefully assisted by all the articles on this site.) I have question on the Second Gear kit for those that have used it before I order it - Does it contain anything more than the four parts listed? I ask as the cost of the four individual parts appears to be less (a lot less in some places) than the kit, so is there something extra?

As an aside I tried the Battery Sensor fix and couldn't get it to work with the 1K, 2.2K or variable resistors, so I disabled it directly on the CMS circuit board by breaking the relevant circuit and using a pull down resistor. I can take pictures if anyone is interested.

Also I had a fun issue with the flashers (or indicators for any of us Brits) - they only worked when turned to the left. Turned out the Hazard Switch had some loose contacts than only made contact depending on gravity.

Great site BTW with lots of useful information.

Sorry, I didn't get around to the CMS pictures as I got carried away taking the engine out ... managed it at 12:30am on my lonesome, it is now sitting on the floor for the next day or two while I'm away on business.

[ATTACH]46432[/ATTACH]

I'll get to the pictures later in the week.