IGNORED

B*stards!

Guindalf

My house was vandalized last night. This is the cleanest pic I can post - all the others include obscene drawings or words in pink latex paint on the house and car.

Cleanup was no fun and I still am going to have to replace all the siding, maybe the front door, paint the side and garage doors, re-seal the deck after pressure-washing it and more.

The deputy that came estimated the damage at $10,000. We live in a semi-rural areaa not known for crime or mindless acts like this.

Time to go to Walmart and buy a 12 gauge and/or a baseball bat.

http://i45.tinypic.com/nyy5tu.jpg

Tony, I am so sorry that your property has been vandalized and defaced. Perhaps we can get a group of Forum friends together to pitch in on a Saturday. Let me know if that would be helpful and we'll start making plans...

TERRY

Guest scarylarry

Count me in.... Might need a floor to crash on...

Tony, I am so sorry that your property has been vandalized and defaced. Perhaps we can get a group of Forum friends together to pitch in on a Saturday. Let me know if that would be helpful and we'll start making plans...

TERRY

Thanks, guys.

We spent the day running two pressure washers and got a lot of it off. Of course, in 90 degree heat, we couldn't get it all before it baked in to the door and siding, but at least we managed to get the "F-U" off the garage door and the same plus a phalic drawing off the hood of the car!

I think we may be able to buff the car and save a repaint and additional expense (I hope, anyway). The siding and front door will have to be replaced, but we can paint the other garage door entrance and the main garage door. Everything came off of the deck so we just have to reseal that, but may have to do the whole deck (three sides wraparound) to make everything match again.

Turns out that some other mailboxes along the street had paint poured over them so at least we weren't targeted. They even wrote a name on a stop sign and the cops are looking into that.

All I can say is it's lucky for them that they didn't go INTO the garage and damage the bike - or I'd have hunted them down and done some SERIOUS damage to their ability to reproduce!!

Security lights and cameras are in our future.

That sucks.

hope you catch the guys or gals (pink paint) that did this to your house

cheaper for now would be to paint the siding. I know, its vinyl so you dont have to paint , but it would be a quicker cheaper start to get you back to original color. Most any exterior latex that is a good quality will stick to it and stay. Downside of that is then you have to paint it instead of being able to clean it,

They make some stuff that you can buy at sherwinn williams called grafity remover that just may remove what you couldnt wash off just do a smalll area to make sure it doesnt mess up the siding.

David

I hate senseless acts like that. A person works hard in this world to finally have a house and a few nice things and then some lowlifes with a brain cell count of about 1 does something like that. So sorry it happened to you. I sincerely hope that they catch those that did it.