IGNORED

Those That R Color Blind?

jfoster

I know this is off the wall..but curiousity has the best of me. For those that are, can u see the (color) blue led's on patrol vehicles or are there any other colors that would are more visible, like red or yellow?

Forgive me for my ignorance on the subject...I was thinking of adding some yellow led's in addition to the blue lights to back of my unit for doing details on the interstate, etc.

I work with a guy that is almost completely color blind. He is very close to seeing in black and white.

He says that when it comes to lights he can tell if they are on or off, brightness matters, color does not.

What is really scary is that he sees blaze orange as a very light gray, almost white.

So a deer hunter that is blaze orange from head to toe is almost invisible to him against a snow background. He just looks for contrast.

The camo orange is a lot more visible to him than solid orange because he will see the dark parts of the pattern moving against a white background and will see the orange parts against a dark background. I now hunt more than 100 miles from him but did change all of my orange to camo orange.

Lights work the same for him, he is just looking for color contrast. To tell if you have color contrast in your choice of colors, use your digital camera set for black and white photos and take the picture, if the shades of gray are still contrasting in the b&w photo then they are contrasting colors. For instance yellow and orange are bright contrasting colors to a normal person but blend together for a colorblind person and will blend together in the b&w photo.

Hope this helps.

I see BLUE better than anything. Red is very hard for me to see sometimes. Put a red ribbon in a field of green grass and I'll hunt for it all day. It is what I call close colors that get me. Purple is a shade of blue to me. Red covers a lot of Pinks, Maroons, Burgandys. Yellow and some greens get mixed up and are hard for me. Browns are hard. It is a mess. Back when I took drivers test it was a bar that one side was green and one side was red. I had someone tell me ahead of time. When I took color test to go to work for the State the I knew the nurse and she helped me.

But I do Like BLUE!!:confused24:

Guest Ken8143

It really depends on the level or kind of color deficiency. The most common is red/green. Shades of red, burgundy, brown and of greens do me in. Orange, yellow, and green, like on LED circuit testers - well, forget it! Once in a while I can make a good guess at it.

I can see blue OK. Any color of strobe flashing gets my attention.

I see BLUE better than anything. Red is very hard for me to see sometimes. Put a red ribbon in a field of green grass and I'll hunt for it all day. It is what I call close colors that get me. Purple is a shade of blue to me. Red covers a lot of Pinks, Maroons, Burgandys. Yellow and some greens get mixed up and are hard for me. Browns are hard. It is a mess. Back when I took drivers test it was a bar that one side was green and one side was red. I had someone tell me ahead of time. When I took color test to go to work for the State the I knew the nurse and she helped me.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that you are really riding a purple bike?:whistling:

Dan & Ken said exactly what I'm up against. So I have to ask these guys, has anyone ever asked you, "If you can't see green, what color is it?" I just love looking at wiring in a circuit and they tell me to hook up the green wire to the white with brown stripe wire. I'm going to get the white right but the other two will be up in the air. If anybody needs any help rewiring their bike, maybe you should give one of us a call. Should be a lot of laughs.

What Yammer says is so true for me. Can't see orange golf balls in green grass. I'm red/green color blind, so pastels are a mystery. I get to enjoy a 3 color rainbow. I hate it when they color instruments with red. Gimme lime or blue and I am a happy camper. those I can see great. I put white LED strips on my blue RSV, and they reflect blue, and I LOVE it.:dancefool:

Ditto to the above. I did test drive a blue pickup once, on the way back to the dealer my qwife told me it was teal green. Go figure!