IGNORED

Jmcb-2003-dual

curtis

There are many different posts on here about what type of aftermarket radio you should use. I see many people say they would go with the JMCB-2003-Dual, I want to be able to talk with my passenger and with my wife on the other bike. However, I can't find anyone who says whether they are good or bad. I see the post on the Q4 powerset; however, you can only talk with one other bike and they seem to have a lot of problems. I want a CB so i can talk to several other bikes. I like the looks of the JMCB set but I was first wanting to know how people who have them like them, second are there any problems with them.

The next thing I would like to know is there a better system out there that has a radio in it. I don't listen to it much but like it in the morning to check the traffic.

All I am really looking for here is opinions so please let me hear them.

I had one on my roadie. No problems with it at all and worked very well. I added XM to the aux input and that also worked very well. I think on one hand its pricey, but still the best unit I found when I was looking, and I would buy another one if I needed one.

You should have an intercom and CB on your 88. Assume this is for your wifes bike. A J&M CB on her bike and she will be able to talk to you and hear others as well. You can plug the a MP3 player into the J&M and it works well. She should not need the dual J&M unless she wants to talk to passengers.

Naugh-T has a J&M and it works pretty good, pretty sure she likes it except sometimes she has to change to a different channel so that she can listen to her music.:think:

Brad

I put a single used JMCB-2003 on my wife's Sportster (no intercom) and it works great!!!

If you want traffic reports, you could tie an AM/FM radio in though the 3.5mm port.

for music you can add an IPOD or other MP3 player.

If my Yamaha system ever dies, that's what I'm going to replace it with.

Dave

My Bike is a standard and I don't have the CB or radio. I thought about putting a factory system on their but everyone tells me I would be better off using aftermarket. There all recommend this one but nobody ever tell me why. I also don't know if I should just buy the J&m system and then get a different brand of headset and antenna or what. I read somewhere that J&M antenna is not very good and hard to install. Please help

Go with the J&M as it is the nicest add on unit. An MP3 player with a radio will work however i doubt the reception is much good.

The DU model if you will have passangers.

Antena bracket was easy to install not sure about the quality of the antena, but those you can get anywhere.

Brad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just installed the dual system on my '05 RSTD. Works really well except for nasty ignition noise at anything above idle. I'm not sure if the plugs/wires are resistive and I don't know if the previous owner ever changed them. The local dealer says they are resistive if they're oem. Also not sure if my wire routing is proper for noise avoidance. Any pointers would be great.

Thanks!

Just installed the dual system on my '05 RSTD. Works really well except for nasty ignition noise at anything above idle. I'm not sure if the plugs/wires are resistive and I don't know if the previous owner ever changed them. The local dealer says they are resistive if they're oem. Also not sure if my wire routing is proper for noise avoidance. Any pointers would be great.

Thanks!

If you bought this new from a dealer, the noise filter should be blocking all of this. If it was used and you didn't get a noise filter, they are well worth the investment.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Bought it new, installed with filter. I tapped off the red/yellow wire from the fuse box (head light?) and put the filter under the seat behind the battery. Routed all cb wires on the right side of the air box, main harness on left. I tapped into the frame for a ground, thought I might go straight to the negative terminal and try that tonight.

Double checked connections and re-grounded antenna. Still noisy. No noise from my wife's solo unit on her Nighthawk 750. Luckily the ipod drowns out most of it. Any one had defective noise filters? Thanks again...

Thanks!

Not sure, but maybe a ground loop, could be the cause. Might be an idea, to Contact J&M directly, for any possible solutions & post the results, for future reference.

On both of mine, I pulled the hot lead all the way to the back of the bike and hooked to the running light. (Use the harness as a filter). Also it might help to keep all the JM wires 3" from the spark plug wires.

My current issue with them is that one bike (don't know which yet) puts static on the CB side at 50MPH. It's not RPM related so I've got to have a loose wire at one of the antennas.

On both of mine, I pulled the hot lead all the way to the back of the bike and hooked to the running light. (Use the harness as a filter). Also it might help to keep all the JM wires 3" from the spark plug wires.

My current issue with them is that one bike (don't know which yet) puts static on the CB side at 50MPH. It's not RPM related so I've got to have a loose wire at one of the antennas.

I moved wires away from the right side coil/ignition module and got rid of the ticking and now only have a rpm related whine. No noise is broadcast that I know of. I'm headed out with the wife to the coast for the weekend, so we'll get the real test. I did not want to relocate the power wire just yet because of timing and trip prep, but I'm sure after 800-1000 miles this weekend, I'll tear into it when we get back. I plan to call J&M if I can't figure it out. What did you mean by "Use the harness as a filter"? I don't know if I should coil wire around others, route it with them, ect... I understand getting the wires away from the plug wires, but routing under the tank, air filter, battery, I don't know if I can run them anywhere else without them being ugly. I'll post pics next week when I get back and maybe a fresh set of eyes can see something I can't. Thanks for reading...