IGNORED

Venture sighting

We all notice other RSVs on the road and are wondering, "Hey, is he/she part of venturerider?" Venture sighting has to be one of the MOST copied threads.

I notice the map is no longer functioning, so my question/request is to pinpoint sightings on a map with time and date and year and colour.

Others have agreed it would be cool.

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48689&highlight=venture+sighting

One suggestion I had was to have a public map in google maps where the members of the site have the password so they could go in and pinpoint the location and then fill in the data into the pinpoint label.

If some other way was better, but would require some work in order to do this, I would GLADLY offer my time and services. It would be an honour to help out the site and its members. Since I'm the one asking it only seems fair I should do the work.

Thanks

Steve Hoedt

aka dunvilsteev

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

This is a test to see if this works. I have placed one sighting near Nanticoke.

email and password are required :

email account - dunvilsteev@gmail.com

password - freebird

Seems to work for me, takes you to an area where you must click on "My Maps" on the left hand side, then the only map in there is the Venturerider map. Could I get someone else to try this and see if it works for them too? Thank you.

Edited by dunvilsteev
adding Seems to ....

The problem I'm having is that if I open it to the "public" anyone can come in and do whatever to the map, but by "unlisting" it says I can send a URL to my amigos and they can update or edit the map. The magic word there was "says" ..... grrrrrr

Under Construction :scratchchin:

This works for me, but again, I'm not sure if it because I created it or if you guys can start adding your sightings too.

Could I possible get someone to give it a try?

I have the instructions in the title box.

Thank guys ..... fingers crossed. I think this might work!!

:080402gudl_prv:

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&vps=1&jsv=242c&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112200850177634708087.00048814b7cc654f9389e

Well this would be just to cool! But I can not find the "blue balloon" I use Firefox and even tried IE but still no balloon. Am I doing something wrong?

Bryan

NO YOU ARE NOT DOING SOMETHING WRONG - you only get the option to add a placemark (blue balloon) once you click "edit" AND the motorcycle icon you see on the map is what you can change the placemark to after adding a placemark. I think this is working!! E ha!! Thanks Bryan

I will post a complete "how to" once the Boss gives me his blessing.

• 2 weeks later...
NO YOU ARE NOT DOING SOMETHING WRONG - you only get the option to add a placemark (blue balloon) once you click "edit" AND the motorcycle icon you see on the map is what you can change the placemark to after adding a placemark. I think this is working!! E ha!! Thanks Bryan

I will post a complete "how to" once the Boss gives me his blessing.

By the way you have to log in using your Google account. That's how I done it anyway. I did not

actually see a Venture so I canceled, but it does work. :thumbsup2:

• 2 weeks later...
By the way you have to log in using your Google account. That's how I done it anyway. I did not

actually see a Venture so I canceled, but it does work. :thumbsup2:

Hot dang, it worked! :thumbsup2: I just logged one in Iowa at the ABATE Baldy ride last weekend. It was a blue RSV, never saw the rider?

Bryan

Hot dang, it worked! :thumbsup2: I just logged one in Iowa at the ABATE Baldy ride last weekend. It was a blue RSV, never saw the rider?

Bryan

EEE ha, yeah I see your posting, I think this is ready for the membership, once Don gives his nod.

IF that happened to be YOU in the posting you can even "edit" the sighting and say "Hey, that was me!"

Saw another RSV in my home town! :sign woo hoo: Had out of state plates, was going to look and wait for them but they were gone when I got back with mine. :bawling:Only gone 15 min, dang it anyway. Was a Gold Wing with trailer too, not sure if they were traveling together or not.

Bryan