IGNORED

Quick ride 'round the block=400 miles later + Angry message from her b/f

LilBeaver

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well everybody can have their opinion. I'm sure most of us have some years behind us and experience to know that. I wish you well Lil Beaver. Keep the shiny side up. Can't wait for the next episode. BTW I think as long as the roads are clear I'm going riding Sunday I'm suffering from PMS... Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. Just need to hit the air. God bless everybody.

Rick,

Before you follow any of the "freely given advise", I ask one small favor.

Would you please, yes please, refrain from major decisions until at least mid April?

It would be terrible to get up early, click on this site, knowing there was no chance of "new drama". After April the weather in this area allows some great riding, so no "new drama" could be handled much easier then......But We Have Snow Now!

Some try to make you believe, "you were born yesterday"

May be sooo.....................but it wasn't, "late last night".:thumbsup2:

I admit that the first time I visited this thread was to see what Pickinfred had to say in a thread and kinda check out his attitude (he befriended me and I accepted). I have as of right now, sat here and read after all you fine folks, for at least an hour and a half. A good thread and yes, like a soap opera. Hope Lilbeaver gets gratitude from all this. Wow, this good be printed off and sold as a book..... The Ride Of Life --By Motorsickle Riding Beaver .... Freebird, you might think about selling the rights of all this $$$$$$$$$$$ :lightbulb: Nahhhh, just good reading from all you motorsickle friends....... I am going to have to get up from here and get ready for church in a bit. Oh, ya, would be nice to at least see a picture of this "Friend"...

Edited by FuzzyRSTD
forgot

Howdy everyone.

Well everybody can have their opinion. I'm sure most of us have some years behind us and experience to know that. I wish you well Lil Beaver. Keep the shiny side up. Can't wait for the next episode. BTW I think as long as the roads are clear I'm going riding Sunday I'm suffering from PMS... Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. Just need to hit the air. God bless everybody.

Alby: I really appreciate your input and concern. I fully understand where your are coming from and respect your opinion. I suppose I may not have been very clear with the attitudes of everyone involved as well as my own attitude towards riding. I like to ride. Period. I like that other people like to ride too. If other people want to share their enjoyment of motorcycles with me, that is fantastic. I do not discriminate against who wants to ride with me. As far as I am concerned, if someone wants to go for a ride and I am rolling out the driveway, all they have to do is ask and we'll go under the conditions that whoever is wanting to ride can follow a few simple guidelines. First, to ride with me you must wear a helmet, eye protection, closed shoes and long pants. Jackets are optional. Second, there are rules about getting on and off the bike and how they act at slow speeds, corners and if I say 'don't move'.

For what it is worth I took my ~55 year old male neighbor for a 45 minute ride because he has been considering a long distance bike and was asking about mine.

I have given many of my friends rides (male and female).

Now, with all of that, I still see where you are coming from and since my friend (the one referenced in this thread) is riding on her own bike now, the guy has his own bike and I have never intentionally excluded him from an invite to come for a ride. In fact, since the ride in November when I took her sister, I have made a point to not setup the rides and have let her ask me to go with her as to not meddle in anything that ought not be meddled in.

As for being used - again I think that I may not have been clear enough in my description of the events. I am not gaining anything out of this other than someone else to ride with [on separate bikes] where I would otherwise be riding solo or with someone else entirely. If we were including other social activities outside of riding, then I would be much more cautious about it because I would likely agree and remove myself from the situation entirely. But since all that is going on is a friendship and mutual enjoyment of our own motorcycles I am not too worried about it. As for her storing her bike in my garage, I have done that for a number of my friends with bikes, so it was not unique to her either.

Again, I appreciate your input and opinion especially your willingness to explain and support your views/opinions. I hope that this further explanation has helped clarify what is actually going on and given you a much better picture of the situation. You are not the only one that felt this way either. Long ago, closer to the beginning of the thread there was a similar discussion that occurred.

...I ask one small favor.

Would you please, yes please, refrain from major decisions until at least mid April?

It would be terrible to get up early, click on this site, knowing there was no chance of "new drama". After April the weather in this area allows some great riding, so no "new drama" could be handled much easier then......But We Have Snow Now!

No worries. As long as all involved still like motorcycles and enjoy riding I suspect there will be more of that to come.

I'm with pickinfred... Don't change anything Lilbeaver.... We need something to do as long as we're snow bound... besides, if she does have a crush on you:duck:, it will make it that much more of an interesting read!

ibid. [ie see above]. :happy34:

Again, I greatly appreciate you voicing your thoughts and opinions in a civil fashion. I am all too familiar with PMS. I travel a lot for work and have only been in Texas for the last few years so while I ride A LOT more now than I did before I moved to Texas, I still have 2-4 week periods that I suffer from PMS. I am happy that it is only 2-4 week periods instead of 3-5 months at a time!

SO, did you get out for a ride or not!?!?!?!?

We seem to have lost sight of the real question here: IS she a total babe or not? ...

I guess that is in the eye of the beholder and quite frankly I see it as irrelevant.

:D:D:D:D:D:D :witch_brew:

I admit that the first time I visited this thread was to see what Pickinfred had to say in a thread and kinda check out his attitude (he befriended me and I accepted). I have as of right now, sat here and read after all you fine folks, for at least an hour and a half. A good thread and yes, like a soap opera. Hope Lilbeaver gets gratitude from all this. Wow, this good be printed off and sold as a book..... The Ride Of Life --By Motorsickle Riding Beaver .... Freebird, you might think about selling the rights of all this $$$$$$$$$$$ :lightbulb: Nahhhh, just good reading from all you motorsickle friends....... I am going to have to get up from here and get ready for church in a bit. Oh, ya, would be nice to at least see a picture of this "Friend"...

A book, eh? Huh. Hadn't even considered that. Glad you have found some enjoyment out of this. I certainly did not think it would continue with this kind of following! After my first post I figured I would get a handful of comments and then it would ride off in the sunset like most of my threads.

I have posted some pictures of her/us at various points but I do not leave them up for very long for various reasons. Stay tuned, I'll put up some more at some point.

Is this story over? No chatting for 2 days. Oh well back to The Days Of Our Lives....:think:

Sorry for the delay, I have been pretty sparse around here for the last... well... several weeks. Nothing against the great folks on here, I just have been hammered with work and some personal 'things' that have taken time away from my normal visiting here time. Not to mention I have FINALLY been able to get a little riding in.

No worries though, while this may be slow to progress as long as the 'spokes' are still turning and people still want to read about it, I will keep up with the updates as they happen.

Until next time!

:Venture:

• 4 weeks later...