IGNORED

All over but the cryin

ArticusMedicus

Looks like my two wheeled riding days may be over.

I have had bad knees for a long time. It kept me out of the Military and Police Academy (thank the stars).

Well, yesterday, while working for some extra scratch, I jumped out of the back of a Kawasaki Mule....:bang head: And I blew my right knee out. This is the worst I have had to deal with.

I can't straighten out my leg, it locks up and is very very painful. I can't bare any weight on it, at all. If I do put weight on it, it bends sideways and well... I seem to find the ground pretty fast and stings of foul words boil out.

I'm really freakin out. I won't be able to do all the things I love doing. Fishing, Hunting and most of all riding the scooter.

Not sure what I am going to do for work... Everything I do involves walking :scratchchin:

I'm in the middle of getting my Bail Bonds License and even that requires walking...

I'm going to hold onto the scooter till after the surgery to see if I can ride... Should be close to winter by then... Dammit.

But, if I can't hold it up, I can't ride it. I better start reading about Trikes.

I know how you feel. I have had 3 knee surgeries, 2 on the left and 1 on the right. All were cartledge damage and my knees locked up on me. I am still riding though and will until I can no longer go and then will trike it.

A friend of mine broke his knee and had reconstructive surgery, though I think he's nuts he was driving his stick shift truck and his bike within three weeks and operating a skid steer. he's rigged everything so he won't have to use his left leg.

Some folks have no sense :confused24:

I've got bad knees, and what I like about riding is the wheels are my legs. I can run, cut, and climb just like I used to..... I'm young again... I'll ride until I can't get in the saddle anymore, and someone physically ties me to a recliner. :thumbsup2:

Keep the faith !!!

I went to the sidecar before I had my right knee and hip replaced. It worked out great for me. I'll have my left knee done the end of this year. Even that I can ride a 2 up bike I like riding the hack.

Best of luck with your surgery. Its got to be better then what you are feeling now.

Art, Sorry to hear the bad news. I just had arthoscopic surgery on my right knee a week ago. I'm very lucky that a torn minicus was my only problem and other than that, the knee looks great. (From the inside:)) But I know what you mean. I was injured at work when some steel fell out from under me and injured my knee. After I got over the shock of the impact that the injury would have on my ability to do my job, my next thought was, "Oh hell! I can't ride!" Thankfully, I now know that I will soon be back in the saddle.

I don't know the extent of your injury(s), but it's amazing what they can do now days. You may be back on the horse in no time, and if not... then there's always the trike option. Either way, I feel your pain. Good Luck and Keep The Faith!

Art, dont give up on the bike yet. Both my knees are shot and they both need to be replaced. I have good days and bad days. On the good days im just glad the bike is there to ride. On the bad days, well, I just wait till the good days come around again. Once you recover from surgery all will be well again. :smile5:

Don't give up just yet, they do great thing nowadays. I've had 3 surgeries on my right knee and 1 on the left. My right knee was doing just what yours is doing before the last surgery on it. Best of luck on the surgery.