IGNORED

Carbtune Pricing

Condor

Just thought I'd mention this.... With the Euro falling like a rock against the dollar you can get a Carbtune and storage case shipped to your door for around $75.00. I think I paid about $115 bucks when I bought mine a couple of years ago. Good company to do biz with... Ooops, my bad. That's for the 2 column. The 4 will run about $85US. Still a deal...

Just thought I'd mention this.... With the Euro falling like a rock against the dollar you can get a Carbtune and storage case shipped to your door for around $75.00. I think I paid about $115 bucks when I bought mine a couple of years ago. Good company to do biz with... Ooops, my bad. That's for the 2 column. The 4 will run about $85US. Still a deal...

Were do you get them? I can't find them for that price on ebay.

Okay - my question is how secure is using a credit card with the company carbtune uses? I'm just a bit leary of giving out my credit card on the internet. I wish they used paypal!

If the page address has an HTTPS: at the begining, it's secure. So far a lot of us have used it and I haven't heard of a complaint yet.....

8 days later and i have it rock on!!!

Wow - I was surprised that mine was here today! 7 days from overseas! Can't beat it!

Amazing Eh ! I ordered a HID light from BC and it took 8 days to get to Ontario. There was a stat holiday in there but still 7 days half way across the country vs. the distance your carb tune travelled amazes me.

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people like the morgan. I have used the morgan and been satisfied. Stay away from the motion pro.

What I have learned not to like about the liquid type is if you are way off of sync, it will suck that fluid into the engine. Then it just ain't right. If you are not looking because you trying to get that screwdriver in the slot to turn (hot hot), that fluid can get sucked in. I have rebuilt this thing once, so not want to have to do it again.

So, if it the needle type, my idea is it will just show high vacuum for that cyl.

There are plenty of different opinions, that is what I have learned on my own.

• 3 weeks later...

So is this an easy tool to use? Does it need to be calibrated each time you use it?

With no dealer close by and unreliable shops, I'm being forced to do my own maintenance. I have synced carbs before but no longer have the sync tool (had Mercury in it). Thanks

Guest scarylarry
So is this an easy tool to use? Does it need to be calibrated each time you use it?

With no dealer close by and unreliable shops, I'm being forced to do my own maintenance. I have synced carbs before but no longer have the sync tool (had Mercury in it). Thanks

Simple very simple...Be sure to insert the inserts that come with it and be sure to put the 2 lines and 2 plugs back like you found them when you are done....It takes me longer to change my oil than to sync carbs... I do mine every oil change..

The carbtune uses a stainless steel rods, very little maint. May have to take apart and clean every now and then, take one rod out at a time and place back in same slot as they are calibrated for each. To check if they are all reading the same you can purchase a couple of plastic tees and some hose to hook it up to one port for a simpe check. I've done this but never found them to be off.

The tool is fairly easy to use, but I personally hate the Morgan Carb Tune because the rods stick a lot and I can't rust the readings. And to make matters worse, they CANNOT be calibrated - says so right in the instructions.

A lot of people seem to like this tool, but I am not one of them. I prefer the dial gauges.

Goose

If you order the carbtune before the 8 of July they are throwing in the case (because they are out of stock on the hoses) and wont be able to ship before the 8.

This makes the 4 gauge kit with adapters,shipping and case about $87.17 but it wont ship till the 8.(that's even a better deal for a little extra Wait):thumbsup2: