IGNORED

Arrrrrggggg!!!

YamaDuck

:225::225::225:You know some times no matter how hard you try things just seem to go from bad to worse. About 5 and 1/2 months ago I sent some parts to a vendor to have the levers leather wrapped and some other parts leather worked. So my MM has been sitting 5 1/2 months. I have been trying to get the guy wrapping the levers to send me the levers for 6 weeks. I told him I wanted to get my MM on the road. He keeps telling me he will send them right out. Well the last time he was suppose to send them right out was by last Saturday. I'm still waiting. Now this is frustrating enough by itself so I decided to try and find some used levers to put on the MM until and if I get my levers back.

Well I got the used levers in night before last and tried to install them. Well guess what. The front brake lever did not have the 6mm screw in it. Well if you think about it (now I'm thinking about it) you would need that screw if you change to new levers. :doh: Okay so I'll replace the clutch lever and run down to the Yamaha Stealer for parts. Well I go to install the lever and I notice something is missing. Then I remember I found a part on the floor awhile back I didn't recognize. So I get the part and run up to the computer and check and sure enough it goes between the clutch lever and the clutch master cylinder. Alright I know where it goes now all I have to do is install it. I go to install it and I notice I'm still missing a part. Ah ha I remember finding another part I did not know what it was and I also remembered where it was. Alright I got it but I needed to do something so I laid the part I just got on the corner of a box and I when and did whatever it was I needed to do.

Alright I get back to replacing my lever and for some stupid reason I decided to move some boxes before I got started. Well remember the box I put the part on well that is one of the boxes I moved. :doh: Oh know! :yikes: Where did the part go. I have hunted two days for that part and still have not found it. So now I have to order that part along with the screw and nut for the other lever. I get to the Yamaha Dealer and of course they don't have any of the parts in stock. Why would they? :crying: So I order the parts and of course it will take 3 to 5 days.:doh: I sure will be glad when this is all over.:bang head:

Hey, 5 1/2 months is NOT too long to wait for those GOLD inlay eel leather wrapped levers.

Who did you send them to. Maybe someone close can drop by with an armored truck and pick them up for you.

Reality, reality...... sorry, I would be a little hacked about 5 months unless there was some good explanation.

:225::225::225:You know some times no matter how hard you try things just seem to go from bad to worse. About 5 and 1/2 months ago I sent some parts to a vendor to have the levers leather wrapped and some other parts leather worked. So my MM has been sitting 5 1/2 months. I have been trying to get the guy wrapping the levers to send me the levers for 6 weeks. I told him I wanted to get my MM on the road. He keeps telling me he will send them right out. Well the last time he was suppose to send them right out was by last Saturday. I'm still waiting. Now this is frustrating enough by itself so I decided to try and find some used levers to put on the MM until and if I get my levers back.

Well I got the used levers in night before last and tried to install them. Well guess what. The front brake lever did not have the 6mm screw in it. Well if you think about it (now I'm thinking about it) you would need that screw if you change to new levers. :doh: Okay so I'll replace the clutch lever and run down to the Yamaha Stealer for parts. Well I go to install the lever and I notice something is missing. Then I remember I found a part on the floor awhile back I didn't recognize. So I get the part and run up to the computer and check and sure enough it goes between the clutch lever and the clutch master cylinder. Alright I know where it goes now all I have to do is install it. I go to install it and I notice I'm still missing a part. Ah ha I remember finding another part I did not know what it was and I also remembered where it was. Alright I got it but I needed to do something so I laid the part I just got on the corner of a box and I when and did whatever it was I needed to do.

Alright I get back to replacing my lever and for some stupid reason I decided to move some boxes before I got started. Well remember the box I put the part on well that is one of the boxes I moved. :doh: Oh know! :yikes: Where did the part go. I have hunted two days for that part and still have not found it. So now I have to order that part along with the screw and nut for the other lever. I get to the Yamaha Dealer and of course they don't have any of the parts in stock. Why would they? :crying: So I order the parts and of course it will take 3 to 5 days.:doh: I sure will be glad when this is all over.:bang head:

I am about ready to trade back for another Harley. The Yamha dealers do not stock any parts period for these bikes. I could go to the Harley dealer or any independent shop in any small town and buy almost any part on my Road King but I have found since buying the Venture that parts are just not available. I tried to get front wheel bearings and no dealer within 100 miles stocked them, today I went in for an O ring that goes on the speedometer pickup and they saidd they would have to order it! I said "you are kidding" and the kid at the counter said,"no I am not". That is pityfull at the least. It makes me wonder how long I would be stranded if traveling cross country and broke down.:confused24: I guess that is why you see more Harleys on the road than any other brand and why they hold their value better than any other brand. Guess I goofed when I didn't get an Ultra and now I have more in mine than I could ever get back. Oh well I guess i learned something.:doh:

Hey, 5 1/2 months is NOT too long to wait for those GOLD inlay eel leather wrapped levers.

Who did you send them to. Maybe someone close can drop by with an armored truck and pick them up for you.

Reality, reality...... sorry, I would be a little hacked about 5 months unless there was some good explanation.

I would rather not say right now. He has my parts and my money and if I start trashing him I may never get either back. I'm beginning to think that's the case anyway. I gave him until May 29th to get me my order or I'm going to file a law suit. He has agreed so we will see. I just thought it would be a simple task to replace my levers and it should be but for some reason it's not.:bang head:

I am about ready to trade back for another Harley. The Yamha dealers do not stock any parts period for these bikes. I could go to the Harley dealer or any independent shop in any small town and buy almost any part on my Road King but I have found since buying the Venture that parts are just not available. I tried to get front wheel bearings and no dealer within 100 miles stocked them, today I went in for an O ring that goes on the speedometer pickup and they saidd they would have to order it! I said "you are kidding" and the kid at the counter said,"no I am not". That is pityfull at the least. It makes me wonder how long I would be stranded if traveling cross country and broke down.:confused24: I guess that is why you see more Harleys on the road than any other brand and why they hold their value better than any other brand. Guess I goofed when I didn't get an Ultra and now I have more in mine than I could ever get back. Oh well I guess i learned something.:doh:

HD has very trained mechanics and great marketing and they stock their parts at the dealers and not a warehouse. You would think that a simple machine screw and nut would not be hard to stock but for Yamaha it is. I love my Venture and I don't buy many parts which is good. This is kind of self inflicted.:doh:

I would rather not say right now. He has my parts and my money and if I start trashing him I may never get either back. I'm beginning to think that's the case anyway. I gave him until May 29th to get me my order or I'm going to file a law suit. He has agreed so we will see. I just thought it would be a simple task to replace my levers and it should be but for some reason it's not.:bang head:

Wow, that is intense.

Also note that if you paid via credit card, I have found the protection from the CC companies to be of tremendous help.

Hopefully you'll get them soon, with a reasonable explanation and maybe a little cash back or whatever you feel is warranted here.

I admire your patience with this.

:080402gudl_prv:

Wow, that is intense.

Also note that if you paid via credit card, I have found the protection from the CC companies to be of tremendous help.

Hopefully you'll get them soon, with a reasonable explanation and maybe a little cash back or whatever you feel is warranted here.

I admire your patience with this.

The CC companies only give you 60 days to file a claim. So it would have to be in small claims court.:confused24:

The CC companies only give you 60 days to file a claim. So it would have to be in small claims court.:confused24:

Oh. Good call - I didn't even think about that.

Although you'll probably be able to settle in mediation/arbitration before you'd even actually make it to the court room, you are correct.

...and you KNOW your leather wrapped pieces will come in the day after you get everything together!!

You know at this point in time that would be fine. At least I would have everything including two complete sets of levers. But I would be so :missingtooth:.

You are a very patient man. I am sorry I would have blown a gasket by now and arrived at the location to pick up my parts and my money back by now....probably with a baseball bat.

Several years ago, I was looking for an enclosed cargo trailer to haul some racing bikes. I shopped all the dealers locally and found the prices crazy, plus I could not find what I wanted.

I searched the internet and found exactly what I wanted at a dealer in Georgia (they build a lot of trailers there) I called them and told them what I wanted, they said they had exactly what I was looking for in the color I wanted. I told them I was coming after it the next day. They said I would have to put a deposit down to hold it. They took my credit card number for the $500 deposit.

I took off over there and made the trip (over 400 miles) to pick it up with cash in hand. I got to the dealers yard and they did not have a trailer even similar to what I was looking for or the color I was looking for. Needless to say I was pretty pissed and they knew it and told me I could drive another 200 miles down to the factory and pick up one 4 foot shorter and kinda like I wanted. What? Oh no...was steaming now...so I asked for my deposit back and they said they could not give it back to me, I would have to wait till they got a trailer that fit my specs or forfeit the deposit.

WHAT? If I would have had a shot gun with me I would have shot the ceiling out of that building. I went ballistic after I had drive over 400 miles to get there and now they are not gonna give my deposit back. It is a wonder I did not get arrested cause I did some things that folks get arrested for...and they are lucky I did not carry a weapon at the time.

They finally credited my credit card for the deposit.

When I got back home I went on a email writing vengeance and sent emails describing what happened to me...to the manufacturer of each trailer brand they sold...every website that had a link to their trailer website, and Better Business Bureau. BBB which they are a member is a joke. They seemed like they worked for this awful dealer. I sent them to the manufacture of any parts they sold also.

About 2 months later...the owner mailed me a check and a letter offered me $500 to stop sending the emails, cause it was hurting his business. He was hoping to cover my time and cost associated with the trip over and back. I cashed the check and stopped the emails but if I hear anybody looking for a cargo trailer I still tell them to stay away from these folks.

So the moral of the story...there is more than one way to skin a cat it just takes some time. :whistling:

You are a very patient man. I am sorry I would have blown a gasket by now and arrived at the location to pick up my parts and my money back by now....probably with a baseball bat.

Several years ago, I was looking for an enclosed cargo trailer to haul some racing bikes. I shopped all the dealers locally and found the prices crazy, plus I could not find what I wanted.

I searched the internet and found exactly what I wanted at a dealer in Georgia (they build a lot of trailers there) I called them and told them what I wanted, they said they had exactly what I was looking for in the color I wanted. I told them I was coming after it the next day. They said I would have to put a deposit down to hold it. They took my credit card number for the $500 deposit.

I took off over there and made the trip (over 400 miles) to pick it up with cash in hand. I got to the dealers yard and they did not have a trailer even similar to what I was looking for or the color I was looking for. Needless to say I was pretty pissed and they knew it and told me I could drive another 200 miles down to the factory and pick up one 4 foot shorter and kinda like I wanted. What? Oh no...was steaming now...so I asked for my deposit back and they said they could not give it back to me, I would have to wait till they got a trailer that fit my specs or forfeit the deposit.

WHAT? If I would have had a shot gun with me I would have shot the ceiling out of that building. I went ballistic after I had drive over 400 miles to get there and now they are not gonna give my deposit back. It is a wonder I did not get arrested cause I did some things that folks get arrested for...and they are lucky I did not carry a weapon at the time.

They finally credited my credit card for the deposit.

When I got back home I went on a email writing vengeance and sent emails describing what happened to me...to the manufacturer of each trailer brand they sold...every website that had a link to their trailer website, and Better Business Bureau. BBB which they are a member is a joke. They seemed like they worked for this awful dealer. I sent them to the manufacture of any parts they sold also.

About 2 months later...the owner mailed me a check and a letter offered me $500 to stop sending the emails, cause it was hurting his business. He was hoping to cover my time and cost associated with the trip over and back. I cashed the check and stopped the emails but if I hear anybody looking for a cargo trailer I still tell them to stay away from these folks.

So the moral of the story...there is more than one way to skin a cat it just takes some time. :whistling:

Well unfortunately I'm into this guy a lot more than $500. I sent him more than double that amount and my parts. He sells things on ebay and he is a featured vendor here. His ebay rating was 100% when I sent him the parts. Since I sent him the parts and cash his feedback rating has fallen into the low 90's wit a couple complaints about slow turn a round times. Just goes to show that being a listed vendor here and a 100% ebay rating does not mean a thing. At first he told me that the leather came in messed up and he had to send it back. He used that twice. I finally got it out of him that the leather came in a was good. Now what's the holdup. I told him I wanted my money back and he tells me he can not return the leather. Not my problem but ok I'm still willing to work with you. I ask him how much time do you need? He says three weeks but he may be able to get it out in two (yea right). So I gave him until May 29 which is a little over three weeks. We will see waht happens but I think I will be heading to Fla.:confused24:

Seeing your story about a trailer got me to at least sympathize with you. My trailer saga goes on for much longer. Back in Dec '08 I bought a 2001 6x12 enclosed trailer in an auction for $1000 bucks. Felt real smug about the 'buy'. I'm still waiting for the title. One and a half years and I've heard more excuses than .... than.... ?? Oh well... a lot. I know the auctioneers, and to make matters worse the owner passed away about 6 months ago, and his wife is now chief cook and bottle washer of the whole operation. I'm a pretty patient guy, but lately I feel I've made it clear that I'm tired of excuses. We'll see what happens and if nothing before the next scheduled auction.... and it's the same ol' same ol', I'll give the local TV station a call.

If it is the same leather guy I dealt with - he did finally come through. I kept bugging him and calling him. Always an excuse. I think I ordered mine in March and finally got it last week. I too notice his ebay rating has dropped.

If it is the same leather guy I dealt with - he did finally come through. I kept bugging him and calling him. Always an excuse. I think I ordered mine in March and finally got it last week. I too notice his ebay rating has dropped.

I'm sure it is the same guy. He talked me into a big custom order and said I needed to send him the money up front so he could buy the kangaroo leather. His ebay feedback looked good and he was a VentureRider vendor so I felt safe. I mailed the parts and PayPalled him the money Dec. 2, 2009. :yikes:

Oh I forgot to ask. How was the quality? You put pressure on him so did you notice any problems with the quality? I'm putting so much pressure on him I'm worried about the quality. I keep giving him an out though just send me my parts and money back.:confused24: