This same kit is on ebay for $216.99 + $12.00 ship

Ebay item # 360193981068

Link is below, but ebay links usually don't work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-1200-VENTURE-ATHENA-COMPLETE-GASKET-SET-83-85-/360193981068?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53dd3bfa8c

I tried Condor's theory of buy as you need and ended up spending far more than this.

Gary

I tried Condor's theory of buy as you need and ended up spending far more than this.

Gary

Depends on what you're going to do. If you're doing a frame off restoration, then of course buy the assortment. Most folks can get by with clutch, middle gear, stator, and valve cover gaskets, and not all at once..... :2cents:

My 85 has a weak #2 cylinder. I picked up an engine from an 83 for $130.00 with the carbs. I want to do a complete rebuild of that engine and put it in the 85. The 85 runs good even with the bad cylinder but I want it to be 100%.

My 85 has a weak #2 cylinder. I picked up an engine from an 83 for $130.00 with the carbs. I want to do a complete rebuild of that engine and put it in the 85. The 85 runs good even with the bad cylinder but I want it to be 100%.

Nice price on the '83..:thumbsup2: What's the matter with #2 ?

2nd gen valve cover gaskets will also fit 1st gen motors.

$17.80 apiece + shipping from http://www.partshark.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=47209&category=Motorcycles&make=YAMAHA&year=2000&fveh=943

Item #35

They have a lip around the gasket that makes them easier to install supposedly.

I didn't use them as I thought they would not be as cosmetically attractive with lip, since I was exposing the motor with the Bikini mod to side covers.

Gary