IGNORED

Pick another bike

donaldj2242

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at them last fall. I asked the salesman if I could get a test ride. He said if I wanted to put down a $36,000 deposit, No problem.:scared:

I never did get to ride one.:crying:

The salesman is a jerk. A good chance he likely hasn't ridden anything else or at least wouldn't.

The BMW 1200LT has a few great options but after I drove my buddies for about 200 miles; I wasn't impressed. He sold it after riding and owning it for about 2 months.

I would think the perfect bike for me would be the 3rd Gen. Venture, with fuel injection, Cruise, ABS, a smaller and lighter engine with higher HP and torque, a better sound system, a remodeled front ferring with power w/sheild and stock heated seats and grips.

Not going to happen...just dreaming :cool10:

If that's your choice, check out the Aprilia Scarabeo 500. Think 500cc Vespa [both are owned by the same company] and you'll have it in the new version. The "old" version was probably one of the better maxis for touring with saddlebags and top case. The "new" version looks like a classic Vespa scooter. NOT to my taste after I got a demo ride on one. Great for commuting. If I was living in Houston, it would be perfect. Light, very quick, could handle commute/hwy driving with ease. But a road/touring bike, it's not.

A little Vespa with the shopping bag hook......

OK...I've decided. I want this one but I want a trunk with integrated passenger backrest similar to the Venture or the Ultra Classic. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FLA-CUSTOM-ROCKET-III-CORBIN-CONVERSION-AWESOME-L-K-/360260245322?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item53e12f174a

Yea, thats nice. Never thought about the Rocket...got me thinking now...

Just looked the bike over on Ebay..10k. and its in my state too!! I like it. I could really see myself on it. All it needs are some floorboards and trunk and back rest. Forget my other choices. Rocket III it is, that is IF I ever get rid of my RSV.

Edited by Ruffy
had an ephiphany

If that's your choice, check out the Aprilia Scarabeo 500. Think 500cc Vespa [both are owned by the same company] and you'll have it in the new version. The "old" version was probably one of the better maxis for touring with saddlebags and top case. The "new" version looks like a classic Vespa scooter. NOT to my taste after I got a demo ride on one. Great for commuting. If I was living in Houston, it would be perfect. Light, very quick, could handle commute/hwy driving with ease. But a road/touring bike, it's not.

Perhaps a Burgman 650 or this

from Honda - Maybe http://c0378172.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/honda-3r-c-personal-electric-vehicle-concept-3.jpg

Owen

Before or after you sell me the RSV?? :big-grin-emoticon:

My choices . . . Hmmmmmmmm

In Yams

Road Star Silverado S as I much prefer locking saddlebags to the standard ones. Got to do a demo ride on one of these a few weeks back. It came closer to talking me out of my getting a RSV more than anything else I've ridden. I got to ride Owen's RSV at Squid's open house so the Road Star is still in second place.

Outside of Yams

Can't ride any of the sport touring bikes as much as I'd like to have one. Can't ride a Goldwing unless it's triked. Can Am Spyder RT is a possibility. Can't ride the RS version as it's sportbike style seating position is murder on my hands. The Victory Vision is a possible. Haven't had a chance to check out the Cross Country as yet. Kaw Voyager is too tall. I can get more "toe" on the ground on a GW than I can on it.

A scoot I've had my eye on is the Piaggio MP3 500. A variation of the reverse trike similar to the Spyder but in a smaller size. A friend who is a sport bike fanatic calls it "badass" and says that it is a blast to ride. I've done a demo on it's lil brother, the 250cc version, and I can get what he means. I may get one to replace my Wee Beastie with AFTER I get my RSV.

Honda ST1300 for me... :Im not listening to

Honda's version of the Spyder RS? Crossed on a MotorTrike TB Stallion?? Definitely some engineer/s having a few flights of fancy on a design board. But how do you get on/in the darn thing??? I'd rather have the Burgie.

Perhaps a Burgman 650 or this

from Honda - Maybe http://c0378172.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/honda-3r-c-personal-electric-vehicle-concept-3.jpg

I think I would have to look real hard at a Voyager, followed by Road king. Like the idea of a fixed fairing. Then after that id look at a wing 3rd. Just because of the riding position. Lastly the Ultra. I ride a RSTD now, so next will be a full fairing. Dont like the Visions looks, and the cross roads is nice but not a full fairing.

Honda's version of the Spyder RS? Crossed on a MotorTrike TB Stallion?? Definitely some engineer/s having a few flights of fancy on a design board. But how do you get on/in the darn thing??? I'd rather have the Burgie.

Honda 3 R-C, personal electric, concept. I couldn't help it, it was cute. :rotf:

OOPs...just thought of another one. I said Harley Ultra and that would probably still be the strongest contender but I would also look at the Triumph Rocket III Touring. Sure wish they would finish dressing it out with a fairing and etc. though.

Had not thought of it until you posted it, but I would have to ride one of those also. I liked the look better when they had dual headlights, and I think the corbin fairing looked great.

Guest human4m

I would have to go for the Boss Hoss. Nothing practical or comfy about it... But definitely bad a$$.

http://v8bikes.com/wp-content/gallery/Boss-Hoss/Boss_Hoss_43.jpg

I feel the same occasionally, but the day they switch to FI is the day we have to start taking the sleds to the stealers to be worked on.....I like being able to take care of some of the issues myself.

I don't see why, I don't find working on FI systems any harder than Carbs, just different.

already made the move up 2 years ago. for the long haul the wing wins hands down. for the v-twin look, and feel i break out my solo bagger nomad, or v-star 1300. if i go down to one bike next year like i am wanting to do, it will probably be a voyager or new nomad. best of all worlds in one bike. :cool10: