IGNORED

Getting my wife off...

rumboogy

This is the standard method for large touring bikes and the one I have the passengers adhere to. Be sure to stand up and move slightly forward, your thighs steady the seat against sideways motion, your arms and hands steady the front of the bike, have both feet planted well, and instruct her to not get on OR off till you say OK. With her on the left side of you, her left foot is placed on the left passenger footboard, her right hand on the seatback, her left hand on your shoulder for balance. She steps up and over, (passing her right leg THRU the passenger seat area, not swinging it over the trunk) and sits down. and yes, she reverses it to dismount.

heh... you explained it a little clearer than I did but that's EXACTLY what I meant and how we do it.

:thumbsup2:

I shoulda mentioned... it would take one heck of a woman, especially one over 60 yrs old, to swing her leg overtop the trunk! LOL

I put my left foot on the the left sideboard ,if Brad is on the bike I also use his shoulder, if he's not I dont hold anything. When I get off I swing my right leg over to the left side wheather he is on or not,depends how bad I have to go to the bathroom,some times I warn him :thumbsup2:

Naugh-T

I get on... the bike that is. I bring the bike up off the sidestand and steady it. She gets on from the left side...puts her left foot on the footboard, grabs onto the backrest, centres her body over the bike and swings her right leg up and over the seat... sits down.

Reverse that to dismount.

Ditto - EXCEPT her left foot stays on the ground!

v-e-r-y l-o-n-g legs -

makes it real easy to hold the bike up!!!

I get on... the bike that is. I bring the bike up off the sidestand and steady it. She gets on from the left side...puts her left foot on the footboard, grabs onto the backrest, centres her body over the bike and swings her right leg up and over the seat... sits down.

Reverse that to dismount.

Karen gets off.... and on from the right side. So I guess it's 5 for the left and one for the right.

Later, Scooter Bob

I put my left foot on the the left sideboard ,if Brad is on the bike I also use his shoulder, if he's not I dont hold anything. When I get off I swing my right leg over to the left side wheather he is on or not,depends how bad I have to go to the bathroom,some times I warn him :thumbsup2:

Naugh-T

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This describes what we do better than I could. Two additional points. I also hold the front brake on while steadying the front when my wife climbs aboard. Also, I try to remind my wife to unplug her headset before she dismounts.

This is the standard method for large touring bikes and the one I have the passengers adhere to. Be sure to stand up and move slightly forward, your thighs steady the seat against sideways motion, your arms and hands steady the front of the bike, have both feet planted well, and instruct her to not get on OR off till you say OK. With her on the left side of you, her left foot is placed on the left passenger footboard, her right hand on the seatback, her left hand on your shoulder for balance. She steps up and over, (passing her right leg THRU the passenger seat area, not swinging it over the trunk) and sits down. and yes, she reverses it to dismount.

Been there done that!!! :crying:

I always let the passenger get on/off while the bike is on the kickstand and I'm standing on the left side, to act as "catcher". The gyrations necessary to actually mount/dismount are up to her. :happy34:

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

I usually lean back.. whisper lightly "get your a$$ of my bike".. Then inturn, she gets off the bike.. dont care how she did it.. but she is off, off in two ways.. (she proceeds to take retribution). :big-grin-emoticon:

Definitely use the kickstand! Brenda tried the floorboard and swing the leg through technique once and we wound up having to pick the bike up. Granted, I didn't have the stand down and she didn't swing her leg through :doh: A tad more leverage then I could hold:confused24:

Mount this on the bike with a switch on the handlebar and never have to worry about the wife nagging you while riding. LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/North-American-F-100-D-ejection-seat-cherry-condition-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem438dda8e9aQQitemZ290142719642QQptZMotorsQ5fAviationQ5fPartsQ5fGear

:duck:

geeez ... and I drive an F150 :crying: ... guess it won't fit huh?

:rotf: